Jambands.ca

Dark Star Orchestra releases live CD

bONES

Thunder & Lightnin'

DSO RELEASES FIRST LIVE CD

All obstacles have been hurdled and the first in what is hoped to be a series of live CDs recorded by the legendary Betty Cantor-Jackson is now available for presale online at our storefront. Culled from the 2002 Oregon Country Faire, the single CD release features highlights from the show on Friday where the weather itself played an integral part of the light show. For those who were there it was an unforgettable experience and now it's available for the first time, prepared by Rob Eaton using Betty's immaculate digital mixdown masters. at a special on-line price of only $10 (plus shipping and handling.) Enjoy!

FEATURING:

ESTIMATED>

TERRAPIN>

MELTDOWN>

SAINT STEPHEN>

THROWING STONES>

NFA>

JAM>

PLAYIN' REPRISE

E: MUSIC

That's really cool bones.

This will really help to get people to hear what they have to go experience.

I've pointed people to the DSO website to listen to the band, but it will be much easier to just say "listen to this!" and then Go See em!

hey bouche...email me with your mailing address

I bought an external cd burner for my laptop and have been burning shows.

I need to hook people up:)

Doing jamgrass cd's today...DSO & Friends (Sam Bush, Peter Rowan, Jorma and more)

As far as "Thunder & Lightnin" goes...it's awesome! It was my first show working for the band, so it has real sentimental value too [smile]

Don't you think people would rather download a good free Dead show instead? I can't understand why people would pay for DSO recordings. Very possibly because I've never listened to them [Roll Eyes] .. but that's besides the point. Are they really so good at covering the dead that people are willing to pay for recordings?

quote:

Originally posted by Woolner:

Don't you think people would rather download a good free Dead show instead? I can't understand why people would pay for DSO recordings. Very possibly because I've never listened to them
[Roll Eyes]
.. but that's besides the point. Are they really so good at covering the dead that people are willing to pay for recordings?

I'm with you, Woolner.

Besides, doesn't this concept already exist... in a little series called "Dick's Picks", where you can get live concerts of the actual Grateful Dead?

Why pay to hear a live recording of a band performing a live recording of a band, when you could have the actual live recording that is being imitated anyway?

I'm getting dizzy...

The Oregon Country Faire shows were all electives...meaning DSO created their own setlist rather than selecting one of the Deads...so you're not going to find a Dick's Picks version on this one

And to all those skeptics, I say..."to each their own"

if you don't get it or dig it...fine, there are plenty of us that do

and as the merch person for the band, i can tell you there has definately been the demand for a cd at the table

who knows maybe when/if you skeptics hear thunder & lightnin' you'll have a different opinion

I can see their point, IF they haven't been to a DSO show.

However, having been to a few, I have a tough time explaining to folks "how really fugging good they are" and why it's worth the trip.

The CD will be great for that...and I think, after seeing DSO, it would be nice to have that to show people what they're all about.

It's truely a great experience.

I think that Higher Ground is probably one of the better venues to experience the Orchestra. We went to that and had such a blast. We travelled to Burlington just for that show, and it was worth it.

Archived