Jambands.ca

What Time are the Rheostatics Playing Tonight?

ollie

From the link up top:

Keshia Chanté

This 16-year-old Ottawa native has won a number of awards. At the 2004 Canadian Urban Music Awards Keshia Chanté was named Best New Artist.

Rheostatics

These true Canadian icons hail from Toronto and have released eleven albums since 1987. For more than two decades, the Rheostatics have mapped new frontiers across Canada with their music, which is described as prog-rock or art-rock.

Aymar

A founder of the famous Franco-Ontarian band CANO. With more than 25 years of musical experience, Marcel Aymar is one of the most respected Francophone musicians in the country.

Ben Ferreira

Silver medal recipient at the2004 Canadian Figure Skating Nationals. Ben Ferreira placed second at the 2004 Bofrost Cup in Germany

Ok, I also found this on that site, looks like it's not going late so showing up for 7pm is probably a good idea.

Show Times

All evening Snowbowl performances start at 7:00 pm and continue until 9:00 pm. Snowbowl is a dynamic, ongoing show that includes music, figure skating and light-projection performances. There are no intermissions.

More information!

There is no seating at Snowbowl, and space is limited on the viewing platform in front of the stage, so arrive early.

Please note that no skates are allowed on the Snowbowl viewing platform and that performances cannot be viewed from the Rideau Canal Skateway surface.

I don't get this lineup then, I'm guessing they want as many people as possible to show up at 7:00 so they can throw that award winning Francophone up there, and let the Rheosplay last. I'm going to a birthday dinner at 9 so don't know what the score is with this.

I'll use Brad as Magnetic North though.

Hey cool Howler...i hope they go back to the Black Sheep Inn again this year.

I hope the NCC was able to help you to see the event with the 2 large screens adjacent to the stage.

didja stick around for Keishia? damn she must be good to have bumped a mulit-faceted band of 9 or so albums of experience. hope the kids lliked it.

yeah this band has new life.

the show maybe a year and half ago up in wakefield was the best i have ever seen them play. new drummer old producer has taken them from being on the verge of breaking up to this revitalized focused group.

damn i wish i went to kingston last week to see them