Jambands.ca

Tell a true story thread....

ggrtrhhrtgg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll tell you though, this guy was super animated, and every time i'd go to leave and say "i really gotta go", he'd literally grab my shoulder, and hold me in place and skip the song and be like "wait wait, you just gotta hear this... "... it was all the same to me... but this is what i'll really never understand: this guy liked rush probably more than i like the slip, and i really cant fathom that. i mean, rush! blown away.

anyways, it was a low point in my life, and i'd just like to put it all behind me...

• 2 weeks later...

well, this evening I am telling a story of what I am thinking at this moment, I feel as though I have a touch of the insomnia, its nearly 5, and there is no way I can sleep... I am listening to GD (imagine that) Terrapin Station... and I love how the song sounds so epic.. I picture "Ben Hur" or better yet, Moses Parting the Red Sea... anyhow, I was lying in bed, and the following song got me thinking... The next song is Cornell---Morning Dew--which I claimed to be the best "Jam" of all time, and I am not here to dispel that theory.. Rather, I want to share what I was thinking about... Well, today Paisley mentioned that he was adopted and how we are different from our adoptive parents, and I admit I sometimes think to myself, I wonder what my life would be like if..... (before I move on, I want to say that I have been blessed with three of the most loving individuals one could ever ask for in a family... The reason why I am not motivated into searching for my bilogical mother is not because I am not curious, I mean, I would love nothing more than to have the opportunity to sit down and tell my life story to her, I think that would be absolutely amazing... However, I really don't think about it all that much, because, to be completely honest, a part of me just cannot comprehend that my parents and my sister are not my "biological parents and sibling." It just really doesn't occur to me all that much... I don't know if that makes any sense... hopefully it does) Well, I believe I would be a musician if I would have remained with my biological mother, I truly believe that... And this evening I was listening to the last four-five minutes of that infamous jam in Morning Dew, and I couldn't stop thinking about what might actually have been going through their minds at that very moment??? There is just an incredible amount of energy, an intensity that I cannot conceive or better yet, locate a match for... Now I have never played an instrument outside of messing around with a bongo, I don't know any of the language, techniques, I have never performed... So, my thoughts are based on ignorance... However, in my little world, I think at some magical moments of a musicians career, (or better yet, an artist's career) they actual make love to the instrument they are playing... Not in a physical sense, of course, but, in an emotional/cerebral sense... I think that they use their instrument, brush, pen, etc, to share overwhelming, incredible, once in a million profound feelings of great love. And during the final four to five minutes, (that are just about to kick in) they are almost possessed by their emotions and an meltdown of passion channels their most treasured wonderful thoughts through (in this example) drums, bass, guitars, piano... Once again, I could be wrong, please correct me if I am... Not only to hear one artist feel that kind of passion, but, to hear 6 (I am guessing both Mickey and Bill were playing??)guys feed off of the same vibe and create a collaborative intensity that just fu©king blows my mind is really fu©king heavy!!!! I honestly can tell you, I think it is impossible for me not to think and feel good whenever I hear this jam, it goes deep down, and dusts those deep feelings, irritating the inner skin, inflamming the soul sort to speak... I mean if I was at that show, I think I would have literally, danced on my fu©king head!!!! (I can't even do a proper summersault) Anyways, thats all I got for tonight, as they say...

Besides thanks A,JJ, and L...