Jambands.ca

Q'sOTD - 2/08/05

scottieking

Scottie, I am embarrassed to admit that I have no clue where Grand Bend is. (I'm also pretty unfriendly and anti-social, so if there is someone in Whistler who lives there over the summer, I probably don't know them.)

... and thank you for your most recent comment, above.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stone Mtn. - I think that anyone that knows me will tell you that I don't have an elitist bone in my body. Your contributions and of many others are some that I legitimately enjoy reading. You are a great part of this community.

I suppose I should have not used the terms newbie and vets, they are unfair and do, as someone else pointed out, infer a hierarchy. To be honest, I'm not sure what I was up to. I realize that the universe, both right here and out there, ebbs and flows, high and low. I firmly believe that dialogue can change things and perhaps I was subconsciously hoping to bring about some sort of change. I'm a sentimental sap, I love "the good old days" of alot of things but in no means meant to insult frequent posters, I guess I just wanted to spur on some old faces. I love this place and all who work so hard to make it happen including the ones who still put the effort into posting. I'm babbling at this point but hey, it's dialogue and it's positive.

PS You know anyone out there in Whistler that makes Grand Bend their summer home? I could compile a list of about 20 over the last few years!

I mentioned the hierchal comment... I was just trying to stir up some controversy, but, in a friendly sort of way, I don't know you, just through Guigsy, and I didn't take offense from your comments, I saw it as a way to stir things up, and get some opinions out there, by no-means was it a knock at your character, for someone I hardly know, you have a great deal of my respect...

I think when Kung used to throw stuff out there, it would stir-up controversy and emotions, and like it or not, it got people going on this board... Personally, I just like it here, although, I think sometimes I talk to much on here, I just have to much free time on my hands I guess, and I enjoy sharing my rational and irritational thoughts with all of you...

Who cares? : Ummm a lot of the time i go to write a response to something and say "hey, what's the point, who cares" and don't hit send.

Fighting, leave it on the board : I'm tired of all the in fighting and poking at problems that have died and gone away. I hate that people have left or consider leaving because of what amounts to a few bullies whom I have NEVER seen act that way in person. Just because you're behind a screen doesn't give you the right to be an ass. I'm tired of people taking what happens on this board into real life. It's an internet message board.

I know you, and you said somethig mean! wah, wah!! : Yes, we have gatherings like CTMF where usernames are almost or more common than real names. That's cool, but at the same time i think it holds some people back. You may have an opinion but because you don't want to hurt your friends feelings or have everyone thinking your a mean insensitive ass you don't say anything. I know I'm guilty of the latter. I hold my tongue soooooooooo much.

Bad vibes : i remember awhile ago there was a LOT of negativity around here. with the world the way it is and my life what it is i have a hard enough time keeping myself grounded. i don't need to come to a place where i go to find uplifting positivity and get smacked in the face with a bunch of bullsh!t. The negativity has been followed by a severe lack of substance with the occaissional ray of sunshine poking through the clouds. i will absolutely not attribute this to kung. he wasn't the only person being negative and he wasn't the only person contributing substance. I guess without all the voyeuristic-Jerry type adrenaline running through our systems we're not doing too well.

Go to lavalife : I'm tired of this board being a dating service and reading the public flirtations that make me wretch. I'm not a cynical single gal, I'm just tired of "oooh!! oh!! look at me, i fu©ked _______ and i want EVERYONE to know!" I'm so happy that this board has brought together some awesome people in a loving way and I think it's great, but just as you wouldn't sit and make out in a crowded room all night, some things need to be kept in private messages.

Our aging populace : when i'm in the US (which admittedly isn't as often as i'd like) to see a show the majority of people at shows are under 30. i'd say 10% or less are in the 30+ crowd. people change, move on. get married, have kids, have bigger jobs which require more focus. there are a million and one things that will grab our attention and when you've got 90 minutes of free time all of a sudden your priorities change. taking 45 minutes to peruse and respond to things on a msg board doesn't seem worth 50% of your free time.

time of year : this place DOES pick up in the summer when there's more going on. it feels like i've been doing something every weekend for 3 months straight and it's finally let up for 2 weeks till GTB is back. Winter is a slow time. it is what it is.

I come here to get info and be a part of this scene when i can't be there. and btw, you don't have to live in ottawa or KW to get this place. This place is an extension of those communities and the others that are around.

i love this place and it's still the first thing i check when i sign onto the internet. i find it lacks a certain depth i crave. yes, let's post all the books we like. it's happened 2 or 3 times in the last 6 months. how about discussions on those? why are you recommending it? how did it change your life or perspective. a lot of people have a lot of initiative and most don't seem to follow through on it. that i attribute to heavy marijuana usage. surprisingly i like the posts best that give other info I would never have known about the people i know. i like knowing scottieking eats ketchup with his french toast just like me. i like to know more about my friends than what bands they like, which books are in their top 3 and why they're a liberal. maybe i'm weird. i've always found this scene not just the board somewhat shallow in that regards. i know a lot of us come here to escape the life we have that we hate, or reality in general but let's not escape ourselves here people.

Bottom line : this is a very unique place that i'm proud to be a part of, and having blanket expectations for all times and definitions to stick to really isn't doing it justice in my opinion.