Jambands.ca

how was circulate?

gentlemonkey

Well, they did a pretty good impression of Hiway Freeker...

That's not meant as a dis (nor am I implying in any way shape or form that they're ripping them off): like HF, they have a fairly sultry female vocalist, backed up by players who have a serious jazz/funk bent. Add to it the singer's flute playing (which she didn't do enough of, IMO), and it was an incredible show. I envy the Montreal folk; a nero show's a joy, but if you add in Circulate, it's gonna be off the rails.

Aloha,

Brad

I really enjoyed them! Jiva and Circulate made a great pairing on stage. I'd like to see them go seamless.

It was a pretty funky evening. I only did get to see about a half-hour of Circulate, as I really needed sleep. Lisa also plays the flute! That was sweet mixed into the band.

I didn't get to talk to the band much, but I did talk to Check1-2-3 a bit. He's a very nice guy.

After Jiva's set, many people said things like "I had no idea they were so good".

Circulate was great but short, way too short. Loved the grooves but found her voice to be too subtil, kinda getting lost in the music .(I'm a big Jen Durkin fan, so I'm hard to impress). As for Jiva Ju, boys I could have listen to that all night, great sound, great choice in covers. All in all two bands i would totally pay to see again. [big Grin]

Archived