Jambands.ca

RAIN

h

oh he'll hear you! Well hell, if you're screaming, make sure you scream like girls at the beginning - they really seem to want that! They really want to keep the energy up. You'll definitely notice the accoustics in the sing-a-longs too.

HOLY HONKIN' THAT WAS A GOOD TIME!!!!

We were in the 8th row and when I took off my glasses things got a bit blurry and I was taken back, way back! The mannerisms, costumes and playing were all dead on and made me shiver. I thought throughout the evening how much you would have enjoyed it MarcO.

Their music and wardrobe took us from the Ed Sullivin theatre, through Srgt. Pepper to Abbey Road and was so darn good. The only thing that was missing was the hysteria (what did I expect though?) "Ringo" would hold up signs saying "Scream" "Yell" and "Dance" and they worked surprisingly well on a Monday night, all-ages crowd.

Highlights for me were A Day in The Life, Golden Slumber and Something, though everything was really well done.

Thanks CosmicC, Ollie and Hux for the great company.

Yes, they really want the hysteria eh? Luckily we had a couple of young teenage girls who were ever so willing to scream "ITS RINGO!!" much to the dismay of those directly in front. But it added really well to the atmosphere at the beginning.

We had 5th row and yes, i think i would have prefered to be back a little further.

Hey, we didnt get Golden Slumber, my best highlight was Mother Natures Son by far. I think While my Guitar Gently Weeps was great too mainly because I wasn't expecting him to be near that good.

I think i also liked Let It Be - that type of sing a long is always a crowd pleaser.

Any disappointments?

damn,

That Golden Slumbers medley was KILLER!

Some may know that the guitar-work in The End (right after the Love You, Love You, Love You chants) is split up into 3 solos of 8 bar chunks by George, Paul, John (in order) and each having a different guitar setup.

Last night only the George guy had a guitar on when the medley was playing. I expected Paul to switch from bass to guitar and John to grab a guitar as well. But instead, the George guy did all 3 solos BANG ON and switched his pickups and tone controls in between each (Lauzon fast switch style) to mimic the sounds on the original recording. That was frikken amazing!

Also, I noticed alot of percussion work by the Ringo guy that made me realize that Ringo came up with a lot of great sounds on his drums. The Ringo guy was using mallets, mallets and sticks, sheets over drums to help mute the skins...all kinds of details were incredibly covered.

The Paul dude's voice was INSANE! "SMILE'S AWAKE YOU WHEN YOU RISE!!!" He definately was a major force in creating the atmosphere. I got a huge chuckle each time he made eye contact and winked to one of the cougar's in the audience ;)

The guy cast as John Lennon was very very convincing as well, but he really shined in A Day in a Life.

All three played some pretty sweet acoustic guitar in their 'back to the basics' section. I didn't realize how much goes on in "Mother Nature's son", but they showed it off with some really purty guitar pickin.

They also took one of the tunes for a little walk. I've Just Seen A Face went for a little bluegrassy-style jam with the George guy playing some hot ass licks.

The 5th beatle (Mark Lewis?) in the back filled in with all kinds of devices to ensure it was all done live.

Damn, they were really really good. I was going over their songlist on their website and I would easily see them again in hopes to get more of the rareties.

What the hell? I didn't hear no Golden Slumbers - i'm starting to feel a little ripped here! ;)

Ya, mother natures son is one of my favs - it's just so purdy.

Yes i was wholly impressed with all the tricks and tweaks they were doing to ensure proper replication of every sound.

I also reminded myself several times that the Beatles didnt play live - they didnt even do the things these guys were doing if you know what i mean...

Ya, Paul dude was insane for sure, and you're absolutely right about the winks too.

I was a little disappointed with the Imagine - but that's probably a personal thing - its over done and i saw no reason to include it - though i thought it was cute how few people carry lighters now a days.

Did you guys enjoy yelling out Fish?

I also reminded myself several times that the Beatles didnt play live - they didnt even do the things these guys were doing if you know what i mean...

Watching the show last night made me realize what a great shame it is that the Beatles stopped touring. Can you imagine the kind of live repetoire they would have come up with??!!!

haha, I thought Trey was going to come out! LOL LOL LOL!

As ms.Hux mentioned, the signs Ringo was holding were pretty damn effective. She suggested that there should be some "come closer" and "dance up here" signs for some of the shows in Ottawa.

They would instantly DESTROY the forcefield!