Jambands.ca

Sharon Jones/Dap-Kings: Soul Call!

kc

finally a chance to reflect on the night and give thanks where due. Willy & Leanne, it can't be said enough what wonderful hosts you are! We so enjoyed our time with you two again. THNAK YOU , THANK YOU.

to eveyone who dressed up: THANK YOU, THANK YOU. I sure appreciated not being the only freak! And it was clear Sharon Jones got a kick out of us too! Can someone please post pictures???

to the pre- and post-party musicians who kept the grooves and good times going well into the dawn: THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

funny moment to share: I simply HAD to get up on stage during the encore to dance and give my thanks to Lady Sharon for her incredible energy. I convinced Christine to join me , but could NOT convince Will. After we left the stage, but before the end of the song, didn't Sharon Jones hand pick Willy out of the crowd (Willy in the crowd looking around, "who me????") to come up for the end of the song and shake it for her!!!! And he looked FINE! Too priceless, though. As I said Will, you can't avoid yer fate!!!

funny moment to share: I simply HAD to get up on stage during the encore to dance and give my thanks to Lady Sharon for her incredible energy. I convinced Christine to join me , but could NOT convince Will. After we left the stage, but before the end of the song, didn't Sharon Jones hand pick Willy out of the crowd (Willy in the crowd looking around, "who me????") to come up for the end of the song and shake it for her!!!! And he looked FINE! Too priceless, though. As I said Will, you can't avoid yer fate!!!

I have no idea what you're talking about Deb. I don't recall anything of the sort and there's no way for you to prove it. :P

Oh *sniff sniff* thanks for sharing that story Deb. *Sniff* I would have loved to have seen Willy up there shakin' his ass in those pants. They were pretty tight! ;)

Thanks to Ms.Hux for helping to pick them out! And thanks to Liana and Deb for helping dress me and special thanks to Leanne for the 'special effects'.

there are definitely pics (PROOF!)to share -- c'mon Will, don't be the kinda guy that makes us beg for it! If you refuse to post them, at least e-mail some to me (I'll respect your 'boundaries', I promise!) You can't see my crossed fingers behind my back, right?

did you shave off the sideburns/lampchops yet?

ya know, I really can't wait to wear my purple outfit again. I think we'll need a funk party well before Ms. Jones returns.

Sharon, did you & Mike catch her in Ottawa/ What did you think!

I'm embarassed to say that we missed her when she came to Ottawa. The site had been down for two days and honestly I'm a complete idiot when it's down. I have no idea what's going on when or where.

Thus the importance of roll call threads are proven.

50 whacks with a wet noodle the next time you see me. I deserve it.

Mutton chops. HAhahahaha!!!