Jambands.ca

Upcoming Kingston shows

skelter

We've added a whack of new shows lately, here's what's coming up in the next two months:

May 19 - The Golden Dogs w/ Chris Koster at Elixir

May 20 - Vorcza at Stages

May 26 - Alpha Ya Ya Diallo at Elixir

May 26 & 27 - Tanglefoot at Memorial Hall, Kingston City Hall

June 2 - Something To Prove Tour (Inspectah Deck, Afu-Ra, Planet Asia) at Elixir (early bird tickets on sale until May 23 - going fast!)

June 7 - Craig Cardiff & Jeremy Fisher w/ Lesley Pike at Elixir

June 10 - Tom Green's My Bum Is On Your Lips Tour With DJ EZ Mike, Playboy Jeremy Klein and MC Shawn Anthony (with DJ Grand Theft & D R One) at Elixir

June 10 - Great Lake Swimmers w/ Pelt at The Grad Club

June 11 - The Roamers CD Release Party w/ Knock Knock Ginger at The Grad Club (all ages!)

June 13 - The Sadies & Heavy Trash (feat. Jon Spencer) at Elixir

June 16 - The Pocket Dwellers & Sweatshop Union w/Slaves of Spanky at Elixir

June 24 - John K. Samson (The Weakerthans) & Christine Fellows at The Grad Club

June 25 - Julie Doiron w/ Snailhouse at The Grad Club

July 7 - Final Fantasy & Dandi Wind at Elixir

July 14 - controller.controller w/ Camouflage Nights & The Roamers at Elixir (Rock Crew 3rd anniversary party!)

July 16 - Wayne Petti (Cuff The Duke) & Andy Magoffin (Two-Minute Miracles) w/ Nich Worby at The Grad Club

Links, ticket info, show times, etc at www.rockcrew.ca

Guest Low Roller
Stages!? I thought that place was reserved for the likes of April Wine and Allanah Myles...

I didn't know that Stages doubled as a soup kitchen.

ZING!

Stages!? I thought that place was reserved for the likes of April Wine and Allanah Myles...

I was thinking the same thing, although I would have added Riff Raff and " Wild Party " Kim Mitchell.

I've actually seen a few good shows at Stages, excluding Riff Raff ( AC/DC cover band ): George Thorogood and John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers ( with guitarist Coco Montoya ).

Barrett, have you never read their bio?

In 1995, Dave Rahmer, Egan Cheung and Keeron Tom began jamming together. With influences from bands such as The Tragically Hip, Nirvana, Guns N' Roses, Tom Petty, and Smashing Pumpkins, the trio formed a small band called Nevermind. Originally, Egan had guitar and vocal duties, Dave also played guitar, and Dan was on the drum kit. However, they soon found that Dave's voice kicked ass over Egan's, so he was demoted to backup vocals (which he currently does a damn fine job at).

After hundreds of hours of hard practice, Nevermind started playing small parties and events around Napanee. In 1995 the band released it's first album on cassette called "Treats Abound". Approx. 45 minutes long, the album had rockin' tunes such 'Angel Divine Her Prime', 'I'm Mr.#1', and 'Get The Fug Away From Me'. Egan also played bass on the album.

In 1996 the band acquired rhythm guitarist Geoff Smith, which allowed Dave to play more complicated leads and Egan to focus on the bass. Around this time the band changed its name from Nevermind to Nev.R.Mind, because the original name sounded too "Nirvana". Now with a full set of strings, the band's set list became ferocious, and they soon landed their first bar gig. In March 1997, Nev.R.Mind opened at Frosty Muggins (aka Ye Olde Albion Eatery) in Harrowsmith, and blew the crowd away. The headlining band looked like crap after the solid performance. Coincidentally, that night was also the first time I was served underage at a bar. Woo-Hoo.

In 1997, Geoff left the band for various reasons. More gigs followed, with Nev.R.Mind frequently playing and receiving B.J.'s in Napanee. In late 1997, the long awaited sophomore album was released on CD. "Scary Tales From The Schticks" was a 10-track, 50 minute monster that sold like hotcakes with the local fans. Tracks such as 'Scary Tales', 'Delusions Of Grandeur', and 'Why' showed that the band was very worthy, and could rock like m*th*rf**kers.

Around this time, the band changed their name to FerrisWheeler. Some chick joined, they released an album, and "yadda yadda yadda". I never heard from them again.

Some guy called me today saying "I just heard on K-Rock that Trey is gonna be there ... is that true?"

Stages has no clue ... they booked it and I'm helping out with some promo. Most of their staff just think Phish is coming under a different name. And Phish is that band that covered Gin & Juice