Jambands.ca

Plaskett Emergency last night

bONES

cool.. i still agree with the Doug, that it probably would have ruled much more ass if it were in a bar - but i wasnt there, so i really dont know what it was like. maybe it was some awesome plaskett and its just not your thing, regardless. who knows.

Maybe it's different live....however, I suspect what you hear on the album is pretty much what you get live. Anybody?

It was a bit of both last night (different/same). And the major difference for me was that the rock & roll songs just weren't as "rocky." (Maybe it's because I crank those songs in the car??!!!) That was disappointing. Perhaps my expectations were too high. I'd definitely go see them again...in a bar....where I can get real close to the speaker...and throw frozen cocktails to their feet (in a loving way)...and giggle with glee

I did enjoy it though...just wanted a bit more, ya know?

I was there and it rocked. Every time he mentioned frozen drinks I ran over to the Barcadi tent and drank one really quick. I must have 12, that joke never got old for me.

What I didn't understand was why his band disapeared for a while. Did they have a fight on stage or something. Was it about the music or a girl?

I liked his whole Billy Joel song he did alone. I thought very deeply about my life and how I also sleep with the TV on. I thought about the time when I was with Teo and how he'd make milkshakes for the both of us. I fell asleep and when I awoke Teo was gone for good.

And then I got sad and did some acid.

And then the cool part of the evening happened, he started talking about the moon and how man had walked on it, but now we can't even get parliment to pass a law forbidding the "man" to stop harrasing people for smoking the weed and drawing artworks with chalk on sidewalks.

I mean if you can't carry enough pot to smoke by yourself and paint a picasso on Sparks with chalk, Then I don't want to call myself Canadian.

I'd rather live in North Korea. At least I'd be taller than the average person.

And nobody's mentioned the "lowest of the low" I spent some time in the VIP area with them drinking kool-aid shooters, they were cool. I think they should really be called "Coolest of the Cool"