Jambands.ca

Box of Rain at Pepper Jack - Aug 12

Mike Daley

i dont get any deals dude

ok im editing, yeah i worked there for 2 years as a doorguy it would be kinda funny if they asked me for money at the door. but i pay just as much as you do at the bar lazslow

its just nice to go there and not work every now and then when i wanna go out, not every weekend cuz i have to work it

Yes! Nick Hilyard! When I first saw you guys at the Phoenix, Mike, I clearly remember Nick having some sort of on-stage epiphany during Lovelight...it was hilarious and fitting at the same time. I get the impression he was never really a fan, but appreciated the Dead. Once he got to play a night of Dead, though, he saw the light or something. Good times.

It's funny, my brother was visiting from Kingston a couple weeks ago. We fought a lot as kids, but no more than your average brothers who are close in age. We were sitting around digging some Dead, and I said to him, "You know, I don't think we were as close until we both realized that the other was into the Dead," and he says, "I can't be sure, but I wouldn't put that past the Dead." Yes indeedy.

Looking forward to the gig Mike!

i dont get any deals dude

ok im editing, yeah i worked there for 2 years as a doorguy it would be kinda funny if they asked me for money at the door. but i pay just as much as you do at the bar lazslow

its just nice to go there and not work every now and then when i wanna go out, not every weekend cuz i have to work it

How do you know what I pay for my beers? Have you and your heady collections been following me?

I say bring on the set suggestions. The first set that we learned was heavy on tunes that non-Deadheads would know from the radio or whatever because we didn't know who would come out. For these Pepper Jack shows I think that we have more freedom.

We put together a bunch of new tunes for the last one, so I don't see why we can't do it again.

I vote for

"What's Become of the Baby"

"Stronger than Dirt or Milking the Turkey"

"Mason's Children"

md

I'm all for a healthy mix of the standards and the lesser-heards, would love to see some of the standards switched up from the last show. I'd be willing to give up hearing, say, Touch of Grey and Casey Jones, in exchange for a solid Jack Straw or Ramble on Rose...Tennessee Jed...Brown-Eyed Women...you get the idea.

I also second Kenny's recommendation of BfA, the whole first side would be a big undertaking but a lot of fun. Whatever you play, though, it'll be a good time I'm sure.

I'd be happy to let Casey Jones and Touch of Grey go as well - Tennessee Jed etc. are strong possibilities for adds.

Blues for Allah first side? Forget it. Too much work. I have to learn the friggin' Guns and Roses album for Classic Albums Live.

I do know that cool diminished lick in Slipknot, though.

md