Jambands.ca

Heavy Trash in Canada

AD

This will be an excellent run of shows...

Heavy Trash is Jon Spencer (JSBX) and Matt Verta-Ray (Madder Rose, Speedball Baby, also producer for Andre Williams, among others), and for their next little run of shows their back-up band is none other than the Sadies. The Sadies are also opening each show. (Cuff the Duke is the other opener in Toronto)

Too bad I will miss all these due to the 'Roo, but everyone one else left up here should hit this up, if I were here I wouldn't miss it.

Heavy Trash

June 10 Waterloo - Starlight

June 11 Toronto - Horseshoe

June 12 Hamilton - Corktown

June 13 Montreal - Swimming

AD

Yeah they were supposed to hit the Trash in Peterborough on June 10th.. Now they are in Waterloo that ngiht. Somehow the show in Ptbo fell through, which is a major upset for me!

Jon Hall from the Trash had this to say: "Its a long story."

Yup. It's part of the NXNE festival.

Aloha,

Brad

Wow and in an amazing coincidence there's a guy on this board who's band is in NXNE.

I think his name is Deeps and I think his band is what the thunder said and if I'm not mistaken they are confirmed to play on Thursday-June 9th at duhn duhn duhn duhhhhhh The Bagel @ 285 College. Right around the corner from the El Mocambo.

Whoa what a weird world.

Deeps (Holy crap I think I know this Deeps guy!!!)

Coincidentialitization of the North Eastern Persuasion

:P

I'm gonna have to wait until the Hamilton show to catch this...dang best friend is getting married.

Edited by Guest
Had to have something other than shameless self-promo ;)

Yeah they were supposed to hit the Trash in Peterborough on June 10th.. Now they are in Waterloo that ngiht. Somehow the show in Ptbo fell through, which is a major upset for me!

Jon Hall from the Trash had this to say: "Its a long story."

The original dates includes Kingston and Peterborough, and no Montreal. Then he decided he only wanted to do 4 Canadian dates instead of 5. So Ptbo got canned and Kingston got moved. Then he decided he HAD to play Montreal, so Kingston got canned. These were all CONFIRMED and ANNOUNCED shows. I'm quite thoroughly displeased with him.

thats rough skelter, no doubt very frustrating for a promoter.

nevertheless, i'm still psyched about this tour!! i think i'm going to be home for the show in hamilton! somehow i've never been to the corktown too, so i'm looking forward to checking out that legendary venue.

whitey, do you know who the openers are? do you recommend em?