Jambands.ca

Roll call: C-JAM BOAT CRUISE!!!

Kaidy Mae

doesnt look like we'll be makin it this year. i can afford to go but not party or party but not go on the boat and that is just ridiculous...I want to go but I dont think it will sit with Leslie since she is workin all weekend and will have to look after Anabelle too. I'd bring her with me but its way to much to go camp with a baby by yourself and party at the same time...have lots of fun for me and say Hi to my pals the FIREMONKEYS and smoke fatty in my honour...I will be there in spirit

Dreadee

Yay! So glad that you're in for this \/\/illy!!! I feel like we had a "drive thru" introduction at CT. I look forward to partying with you two this weekend. Oh, and sorry I didn't get any pictures up. :blush: They were pretty boozy. LOL I'll be taking a bunch this weekend though. :D

Oh, I guess I should've put this info in for those of you interested in tickets and info:

Caution Jam Boat Cruise

I just noticed that the phone no. for Ojibway Landing is a little dyslexic on the site. :P It's 705-549-2531

Dreadee dearest, too bad you can't make it. I can help you out with the party supplies, but certainly won't be taking care of any youngin'! I will smoke one in your honour this year (hopefully in the middle of the lake in Mousey's kayak). Note to self: BRING A LIGHTER THIS TIME! That was so frustrating. I thought Wook 18 was going to try to swim back to shore. LOL Hopefully we can keep the "firemonkeys" under control.

SO stoked for this! YIPPEE!!!

Dave & I are definitely IN.

three cheers for Tim-and-Niffermouse for willing to spend some quality time with their godchildren Cassia & LeonaMae, allowing mom & dad to tear it up this weekend!!

God bless all cool babysitters!

So KM -- what time are you heading up? What's to do if we arrive early? D'ja think we need to pre-book a campsite (especially if we don't even plan to pitch a tent?) we figured we'd just pay the $10/head after the cruise. thoughts?

to all musicians -- bring your gear for an all- night campfire jam-- that's the plan!

Deb, I sent Dave a lengthy email :blush: with directions and my itinerary. Yes, I am an obsessive compulsive freak! LOL Provided I don't blow out a liver on Friday night, I should be there around 2pm. The site is beautiful and right on the water. The new trail (well, new in the past few years) along the shoreline is a nice walk. I think Mouse was planning on being there around 10am or so. I'll be camped next to him when I get there. Make sure you get there BEFORE the cruise to pay for your site and ditch the car. Otherwise you'll have to leave your wheels at the dock (no big deal) and you probably won't have to pay to get in. I'm bringing the blender Deb. Look out sister! Fuck, I can't wait to see you guys! :D

Thanks also to timouse & niffermouse for taking care of the girls. That's awesome!

Right on!! weather is looking excellent...

we got 142 reservations.

Ryan from Diesel Dog on Keys and Johnny Kerr on drumzzzz... That boat is gonna sail on love!!! Water is deep too so that means we're going thru the islands.. lovely sunset... look out all u lovers,, babies have come from these boat rides....

Still room for more heads!!

rsvp cautionjam@yahoo.com

It made it back but I think everyone is still recovering from the rollicking good time we had. I haven't seen a dance party of that magnatude since the Saloon. Everyone was jumpin' and swingin' and stompin' and drinkin' and screamin' and hootin' and hollerin' and smilin' and laughin' and I wish I had the words to describe what a great party that was. The after party at the campground was amazing too: There were times when there'd be 12 guitars jamming 'Dead songs and actually keeping it together. Truly amazing. The park manager was fantastic and truly accomodating. Wow. I'll advance reserve my tickets now for next year.

The boat made it back to shore...and man, were a lot of us waterlogged (or rather, booze-logged). What a time that was! You just can't escape that kind of energy on a boat. The smiles were infectious and the band was on fire! At times it felt like the Georgian Queen was skipping across the water. Wow! I'm still on cloud 9 from that cruise. My only wish is that we could all do that more often. The staff on that boat and Rick & the gang at the Ojibway were amazing hosts. And Caution Jam, what can I say to you boys and your amazing guest musicians? [color:red]THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL!

\/\/illy, okay seriously brother...were you on the boat the whole time? How is it possible that we could all spend 3 hours on a rather small vessel and not run into each other until a raging One More Saturday Night? Either way, I hope you guys enjoyed the cruise and am glad you made it.

Highlights:

-Lacey :)

-having my sisters there with me and so many of my wonderful cousins (even Rhea, who's a total whore) LOL

-finding out that Deb & Dave may be living in my neck of the woods some day...YAY!!!

-the end of the cruise dancey goodness...complete with Chad-O spanking the roof LOL

-the crazy campfire where it sounded like everyone was singing along

-the beach the next day with Margaret, Beth, Kerry, Mouse, Brinapple, B-Sting & Johnny Havelock

-sparklers...damn, those things were fun!

-Brinapple's tealight garden

-laughing my ass off at Sandora cooking her infamous "baby vegans"...those looked sick dude

-Andrea made it and, as usual, lit up the fucking room

Lowlights: (not that there were many)

-the walk home seemed exceptionally far, even thought I expected it

-losing Lacey on the boat for nearly the entire last hour...and he had our bag of treats (and was constantly in to them)...I was quite concerned that I'd find him rocking in the foetal position at the bottom of the boat

-I spilled gin on my camera...again!

-running screaming out of the tent after Sponge Bob (AKA Brinapple) with sparklers only to be greeted by the 5-0 :o

-having to wait another whole year to do it all again :(