Jambands.ca

Wilco Review

AD

Heheh' date=' ever seen or heard Nels Cline play?

This year alone he's playing on records from the Scott Amendola Band, Lydia Lunch, Lee Ranaldo, Thurston Moore, and the Nels Cline Singers...

I think he's playing (or has played already) the Victoriaville Musique Actuelle festival this summer... But I bet Blane could tell you way more about Nels Cline than me.

AD[/quote']

I And for the record, I've never heard of a single one of those bands you mentioned... Just because he's in a lot of bands doesn't mean he's any better than someone who only plays in one or two bands...

Thurston Moore and Lee Rinaldo are the guitar geniuses in Sonic Youth ( Moore is the lead singer and principle songwriter too ).

Edited by Guest

Just for the record, I never really thought of music as competative kinda thing, I was just kinda talking about the imagry of one dude vibrating in 32nd's making the guitar scream, and the other jostling and jivin' trowing in only what Neil can... that would be some rapid fire dissonance... it could very well alter the timespace continum... perhaps trigger another Tsunami...

I'm not renouncing my love for Neil at all...

I have heard him play and I'd take Neil over him any day... And for the record, I've never heard of a single one of those bands you mentioned... Just because he's in a lot of bands doesn't mean he's any better than someone who only plays in one or two bands...

Fair enough... If you don't know the bands listed then you don't get my point that they are all very eclectic and covering a wide range of styles. I was meaning to show that he's a very gifted player, that's all. And I think it speaks highly of his profieciency that all these people ask him to play on their records. (btw, Lee Ranaldo and Thurston Moore are the guitarists from Sonic Youth).

but neil could definately keep up...although i think he would grow bored quickely.

Yup, agreed. But until then it would be interesting to say the least...

AD