Jambands.ca

pink floyd reviews

teetervillestation

Waters seemed so proud and humbled, it was remarkable.

I had to watch the final bow like 6 times, couldn't believe those guys were together on stage again.

A lot of people might not know just how unlikely this would have seemed just a month or so ago, or be aware of just how bitter and twisted their histories have been.

They played like heroes, still can't believe it. If they can play that well after so many years, it is no wonder people are losing their minds at the possibilities........

Nick, Roger, Dave, Rick - do it!

the possibilities...

so many...

where would one start?

some of the selections off Meddle or Animal...man, i can't even imagine...seriously. (then i read this)

NICK MASON revealed how the band 'eyeballed each other' as they prepared for their first gig in 24 years 'in a slightly alarming way' but compared the reunion to 'riding a bike'. DAVE GILMOUR, meanwhile, said it was 'a bit like sleeping with your ex-wife'. Both ruled out any further reunions.
Edited by Guest

hey marco, on that thread you link, the second set of pictures, how can a guy copywrite his pictures (by putting the watermark on them), when he doesn't own the rights to them? (the broadcasting company does...)

the guy is a tool.

getty images....fucking getty's...

Wow...

I finally got the chance to see the video. Oh..my..god... I couldn't help but to feel choked up. Roger was so real and so emotional and present, he was really feeling it! When he sang his first note in WYWH I nearly lost it. Sooo gorgeous. And Comfortably Numb, omg. They jammed it out hard at the end... Gilmour hasn't lost even a tiny bit.

*sigh*

I don't have High Hopes for a tour but it'd definitely be Money if it happens. I hope Roger and Dave Keep Talking.

• 2 months later...

as though the world couldn't get any freakier, now Waters is running around saying how much he loved the reunion, how he wants to do it again, and that he would entertain the possibility of collaborating with the other three on a new album.

Good Lord!

"What your saying is: would I go back and make a record with those three guys? Well I guess so, yeah. This all things being equal there is no reason why I shouldn’t want to do that. Though I’ve sort of got used to not having to fight my way through a great miasma of opposition. However, having said that, maybe if I came up with an idea and approached them. I don’t know maybe they say yeah ok thats sounds fine to me." - (and speaking about the offer for a Floyd tour): "Well certainly none of those offers have been accepted. Dave is, has made a solo album I believe. And i have got all kinds of fish to fry. You never say never about anything. You never say never."

RW to the BBC, September 10, 2005

Floyd fan-sites report a dinner meeting between Roger, Nick and Dave last week.

I'm not saying anything will come of any of this, but so far in 2005 they have had more interaction with each other than in the past twenty years.

Can you imagine Waters even entertaining the notion of dining with Gilmour just a year ago, let alone speak out loud about collaborating with him (them) again?

what is going on?!?

(also, they will appear at the 2005 UK Music Hall Of Fame Ceremony, although at a glance I can't find the exact date.)