Jambands.ca

FEMI KUTI I MEAN WOW!!!!!

Marky

For anyone who was in attendance thursday night i mean wow , you know what i am talking about... 2.5 hoursx of the craziest hyper funk around... what a show , `can't wait to get that guy back.... i had some people before the show talking to me saying yeah he is like the AFRICAN KARL (denson) but as everyone will now know no disrespct KARL but you are the AMERICAN FEMI!!!! hope this makes the revies section in NOW nect week.

HOLY SHIT! That was the craziest show I've ever been to. I seriously feel like a changed person today. I can't even put into words how powerful Femi's music is.

The band was out of control and they are all so damn tight. I couldn't even comprehend what the drummer was doing he was playing so fast and making my body move so vigoursly. When Femi blows his horn, the whole worlds stands still and you're like in this never ending present moment of pure bliss. I'm telling you, the horn solos Femi was playing, were mindbloggling and unbelievably beautiful. The backup vocalists were funky like hell. The way they looked, dressed, vibed to the music and most importantly, their vocals. Femi brought his son on stage and he played several solos on the sax, all I gotta say is HOLY SHIT, that kid's on fire. I think we have another afrobeat prodigy in the making.

The music overall was just absolutely amazing. Serious deep Nigerian funk grooves. I was dancing so hard from beat one to the end. And the VIBE in there! My god. Was I in toronto? Where did all these people come from? The vibe in there was priceless. The place was packed, shoulder to shoulder, and everyone was dancing so hard. I don't think I've ever had such a meaningful music experience before in my life. Thank you Femi.