Jambands.ca

Thanks to GTB and BNB.....

scottieking

for playing the hottest, sweatiest fucking gig I've been to. Yes, the music was hot but the venue was sweltering. The bands both endured dangerous heat to bring the rock n roll to the kids and I would personally like to thank'em for both shows (Ottawa and L-town)

Hope everyone had a good time on tour. See you soon.

Yeah, that was a sticky night of dancing... but still had a blast, even though we had to drive through a tornado to get there! But the soundtrack picked by Paisley for the trip was impeccable.

Cheers to the folks I met, and re-met, and thanks for the hospitality.

thanks indeed!

i finally threw in the towel around 12:30 last nite... not a bad way to finish off the vacation!!

both bands deserve kudos for bustin' it out up there in what was probably not the safest environment.. heat exhaustian, dehydration, etc... i thought the bus played extremely well for their CTO debut, and hopefully they'll get to come back and play a show of their own for us... and that bar is still my favourite place to see the burt neilson band... the atmosphere in that room realy sets the tone for those shows, and its just perfect. they put on a great jammed out show with some thick fuckin grooves.. man, gav and jer are like fuckin' freight trains when they're holding it down.. the opening jam out of fresco lopez had me locked right in.. knew it was gonna be a great nite! here's a setlist as i remember it...

fresco lopez

these days>

yellow pants

? i forget ?

waiting for the days

down with the sound

chest fucking fever!!!!!

open fields and skies

bored again

by the door

encore:

in the belly

edit: just a note on the bus.. played a few new songs that i hadnt heard before, or heard for the first time in ottawa.. they just dont stop writing great songs! a highlight for me was a new dennis tune, wide awake i think i was told it's called... fuckin' awesome.

Edited by Guest