Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello? Anyone in here still?

I didn't see the game last night but saw that Ottawa was climbing back in the 3rd period but fell short. Only 17 shots on net? That's not like the Sens that i'm used to. Gotta be frustrating. I read that Alfie coughed up what turned out to be the game winning goal for the Devils.

melnyk_75511.jpg

So, is Eugene Melnyk going to continue to be "150%" behind his management team if they fail to win against the Sabres tonight? I can't comprehend how he won't make a move to toss Muck or Murray.

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

Edited by Guest

Ottawa shopping Gerber around....

A vote of confidence from owner Eugene Melnyk, followed by wins in 2 of 3 games since, has provided the Ottawa Senators with a much brighter future.

However, Senators general manager, John Muckler isn't resting on his team's recent success. Sources tell TSN, Muckler has had a number of conversations with other managers about the potential of a Martin Gerber trade, but in a cap system, Gerber is a tough sell. The veteran goaltender has struggled this season and he's been replaced as the Senators' number one by Ray Emery.

Ottawa won a modest bidding war for Gerber's services this summer and promptly signed him to a 3-year contract at $3.7 million per year.

Unless John Muckler gets real creative, it seems unlikely Martin Gerber is going anywhere, anytime soon.

With all this talk I'm surprised Gerbs hasn't asked for a trade...then he realized...I'm not worth 3.7 mill

What is going on?! Blowing a one goal lead against Boston, a two goal lead against Carolina, and a three goal lead against the Caps... yar... the only conselation is that they all ended up one goal games, and that is clearly where the Sens need some experience.

Go Sens! Lets talk again in December!

Is it December yet? It seems, hopefully, that the Sens have finally manage to buck some trends of theirs... comeback victories, sucessfully holding off one-goal leads in the third... scoring lots in the final minutes of the game... now they're not back safetly in the arms of the playoffs in the standings, but it's only the quater poll, and I think alot of these still young, and well experienced playoff guys have finally found a new swagger. And for the record: Alfie stays... I don't know what I was thinkin!, Emery is and will be for a long long time the #1 Goalie, and Gerber will accept and thrive his roll as backup... maybe by Feburary!