Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

Wow... we got run over by a truck. Left it all on the table with the Detroit game. With all the banged up players it could be 'one of those months'... still great experience for the young guys, and Character is what this team really needs.

If I play proline, I lose. But if I trust my gut, and not play, I'm pretty good. Buffalo wins... easy. Unless Gerber pulls a miracle out of his ass. And Josh Hennessy<?> has a breakout performance.

There's not a single "gimme" game until we play the Blues in Feburary (unless the Flyers really are that bad, and I'm giving the Leafs too much credit)... realistically, it's going to be a 6 horse race for those final two spots.

GO SENS!!!

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He makes $0.9 mill less than Gerber, both guys signed 3 year deals this off-season.

I wanted to confirm a suspicion I had, so I pulled goalie salaries from TSN. I don't think that Gerber's contract is all that out of whack in comparison with the rest of the league.

No, he is not playing well. Yes, he is over-paid. No, he is not currently worth that kind of money - especially as a back-up. But $3.7M isn't in the same realm of cap usage as a Khabibulin at nearly $7M.

The bargains on this list are guys nearing the end of long-term deals (Kiprusoff, Vokoun) or just coming off rookie deals (Lehtonen, Miller).

Goalies making $1M or more:

Nikolai Khabibulin $6.75 million

Roberto Luongo $6 million

Jose Theodore $5.5 million

Olaf Kolzig $5.45 million

Martin Brodeur $5.2 million

Evgeni Nabokov $5 million

Rick DiPietro $4.5 million

Dwayne Roloson $4 million

Jean-Sebastien Giguere $3.99 million

Manny Fernandez $3.75 million

Martin Gerber $3.7 million

Miikka Kiprusoff $3.5 million

Cristobal Huet $3 million

Marc Denis $2.8 million

Ryan Miller $2.6 million

Tomas Vokoun $2.28 million

Martin Biron $2.128 million

Curtis Joseph $2 million

Kevin Weekes $2 million

David Aebischer $1.9 million

Andrew Raycroft $1.8 million

Kari Lehtonen $1.5 million

Jocelyn Thibault $1.5 million

Alex Auld $1.475 million

John Grahame $1.4 million

Manny Legace $1.4 million

Vesa Toskala $1.375 million

Ilya Bryzgalov $1,362,500

Tim Thomas $1.2 million

Robert Esche $1 million

Antero Niittymaki $1 million

Back to last night's game, that was a pure dismantling and domination by the Preds. What an awesome team Nashville has when they're healthy. I can't see any team from the East (minus Buffalo) having a chance against the likes of Nash/Anaheim/SJ right now.

Actually, lets revisit your goalie post DaveO before that gets dropped.

Sens bias, double standards and wishful thinking ='s adolescent fantasies and empty calories.

Keep dreaming pal. While it aint no Theo contract, you cant deny that it isnt a huge hinderance and a terrible signing based on the early looks.

Guest Low Roller

Speaking of Theo... ouch... Has any former Hart and Vezina winner ever crashed so hard to reality?

That's what you get for holding hands with Paris Hilton.

1559548916919087536_rs.jpg

Here's the silver lining: No more multiple roads games until March, in contrast to 23/36 on the road to start the season. This is finally time for the Sens to settle down and hammer out their true team identity. They've got some great stats, they just can't put it all together game to game... and don't get me wrong, this is MUCH better than the start of the season so hopefully the trend will continue and they can sink their teeth into the upcomming practices.

Atleast Toronto's running on Fumes now, good thing they don't play for the Cup in October! I'd take Frodo on my team any day of the week... FUN TO WATCH!!!

Montreal, what can you say?! WOW... they say they have the best "locker room" in hockey... and that's something that Radek Bonk is great at... according to my sources... Good luck trying to catch the Sabres! I think it's possible, their defence is Leaf thin right now.

A week ago I made a case for the Gerber signing not being so bad. (The point being YES, of course it's BAD! But it's closer to Marc Denis bad than Jose Theodore bad).

Booche was the only guy to call me on it. Merry Xmas you bunch of fucking pansies!!

This has been a rough year for the Sens in the injury department. With Chara gone and Redden out for much of it, no wonder that team has had extreme difficulties but let's keep in mind they are essentially five hundred with their record and no proven goalie. If this team gets healthy and learns how to win, they are a legitimate force. Dinghy has a point in the long run yet I would bet on the Habs, bias and all.

Merry Xmas you bunch of fucking pansies!!

I still like Gerber. He looked great in the Carolina game, and if you're looking for a goat, it's the Sens defence by committee... Great on paper, but its taken a while for them to get a flow and Gel (thanks to all the new faces, injuries, and psycological crutches). I know it's only the Flyers, but if the Spezza injury has a silver lining, it's that it puts the spotlight sqarely on the Defence to step up. Time will tell, but I think they'll forge out their identity during this stretch...

GO SENS!!!

What is going on?! Blowing a one goal lead against Boston' date=' a two goal lead against Carolina, and a three goal lead against the Caps... yar... the only conselation is that they all ended up one goal games, and that is clearly where the Sens need some experience.

Go Sens! Lets talk again in December![/quote']

Is it December yet? It seems, hopefully, that the Sens have finally manage to buck some trends of theirs... comeback victories, sucessfully holding off one-goal leads in the third... scoring lots in the final minutes of the game... now they're not back safetly in the arms of the playoffs in the standings, but it's only the quater poll, and I think alot of these still young, and well experienced playoff guys have finally found a new swagger. And for the record: Alfie stays... I don't know what I was thinkin!, Emery is and will be for a long long time the #1 Goalie, and Gerber will accept and thrive his roll as backup... maybe by Feburary!

sniff ;) that was beautiful tonight. Still a long way to go, and it wont be easy... but if they can get through this stretch with a decent record, they may finally have found the team toughness that has been sorely missed in the playoffs... where's all the chatter around here?! [color:purple]Ya pansies

You know, Dinghy's prognostication aint looking so ridiculous in the long run. I laughed at it in my head at first but I have said the same thing for seemingly forever. If Ottawa could learn how to win, they would do some major damage in the post-season.

Wasn't that the crux of Hasek's "one goal games" comment last season?

These boys are facing some major adversity. We could end up seeing a great story here in Ottawa. I'm along for this ride, as always with this team. They've been an entertaining team since I lived in Kingston. Good luck boys.

You deserve it.

Edit to add:

I just realized the redundant post I laid upon your eyes by reading above in this thread after I hit 'Submit'. Apologies to all.

Edited by Guest
I'm an idiot.

Beautiful last night... er afternoon! No win, but rallied to get the tie, and the 'pity point'... It's great seeing the team step up with all the injuries to the centers... and it's refined my belief that it's not only Gerber, but the weak play of Meszaros and Corvo in front of him which has compunded Gerbers bumpy start in O-town... not a bad thing, cause Corvo's got a lot of heart, just maybe trying too hard; and Meszaros is having a sophmore slump. He's only going to get better.

News on the wire suggest that Ottawa is going to try to claim Petr Nedved off of Waivers. If this happens, it'll help to make the Sens a Net Faceoff Winner as opposed to the loser they had when it was Fisher and Smolinski taking the draws. Both Spezza and Vermette have shown they are strong on the draw in most parts of the ice.