Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TSN.ca Staff

2/12/2007 12:27:00 PM

TORONTO (CP) - Ottawa goalie Ray Emery will sit out the Senators' next three games.

The NHL has suspended him for slashing Montreal Canadiens forward Maxim Lapierre on Saturday night.

Emery was assessed a minor penalty on the play, which occurred midway through the second period of Ottawa's 5-3 victory.

He will be eligible to return Feb. 22 at Buffalo.

Emery will forfeit nearly US$15,000 in salary, which goes to the players' emergency assistance fund.

Lapierre didn't even look that upset, laughing about it on the bench and not missing a shift... No blood, no broken bones... I mean the equipment saved him, like it should. You think if he was upset, and not hurt, he would of fought Emery instead of skating away and turning his back. If the victim isn't upset, then why should the league? And fuck priciples, Lapierre skated away cause deep down he knows he's an agitator, and he's lucky he hasn't gotten it worse to this point.

As far as that game is concerned... Emery was getting knocked and slashed all over the place. The Refs didn't care. Emery just did what he had to do to protect himself... and win the game. It'll be nice to have a run with Gerber, and if he stinks, a chance to see how Guard plays in the bigs.

Boo Ya!

cramernov17.jpg

Edited by Guest

goalers get bumped all the time, hell neil ran abby a few times after psycho swung at lapierre and yuo didn't see neil getting a stick to the head

it didn't but it could have caused permanent damage

"No visor = Emery pulls back methinks"

come.on. do you really think this was a controlled and thought out reaction?!?!? you think he would have had the ability to pull back?

I can see ollie as a teen: "C'mon baby I know I don't have a jimmyhat but I swear to gawd I'll pull out in time"