Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me get this straight. Not one single Sens fan on this board thought to themself "We live and die through Emery. Why isnt one of our players jumping in while Peters is throwing bombs at him?"

Who on the ice was going to jump in? Speeza, Heatley or Comrie? Philips and Volchenkov were tied up with Mair and Kaleta. Emery was the best suited and handled himself just fine, Peters didn't land a single punch.

That was one of the best games of the year, even without the fighting (and from what I saw of Mtl - Nash, it was pretty much just as good!).

Lindy Ruff is a disgrace to the game though. It's guys like this that keep the NHL at bush league status. How can anyone - league, media or fans - believe a word he says? After watching the replays he comes out in his press conference and says that Neil hit Drury with an elbow to the head.

Clean hit or not, when your best player gets laid out you need to get retribution. But you don't get it by sending out the likes of Peters and Mair to jump Speeza and Heatley. That's just plain cowardly. Murray made a mistake over-estimating Ruff's class and he shouldn't have had those guys on the ice.

You've gotta give some props to Marty Biron. Obviously he had never been in a scrap in his life, but he knuckled up and took it from Emery.

Let me get this straight. Not one single Sens fan on this board thought to themself "We live and die through Emery. Why isnt one of our players jumping in while Peters is throwing bombs at him?"

Watching the replays last night, that's what I was thinking too! If I was Murray I'd be seriously disciplining Emery. After getting a 3-game suspension, then risking injury in a goalie-fight, getting kicked out of a game, etc. he's becoming a liability. Unless you're wanting Gerber back between the pipes ... (I'm thinking positively )

BTW - I thought that the hit on Drury was fair. It's a tough game ... keep your head up Drury.

Edited by Guest

I see a lot of comments regarding last night's game as to why Ruff would send out Peters, etc. on the ice after the brawl occurred. My question is: WTF was Murray doing sending out his top line right after a brawl!!!! You KNOW there could be residual fisticuffs. You KNOW that it was spurred on because of a hit on their captain!! Think about it the other way. I KNOW that Murray (and most other coaches) would send out a tough line if their captain got clocked like that.

Drury! You just pulled a Lindros! Get yer head up ... especially when Neil is on the ice (reminded me of a Tucker-style hit). Good hit!

NYDD10802230346.jpg

My question is: WTF was Murray doing sending out his top line right after a brawl!!!!
Murray made a mistake over-estimating Ruff's class and he shouldn't have had those guys on the ice.

For the record it was before not after the brawl, but it was still an error.

So who is Murray going to send McGrattan after? Will he try for a little retribution against peters??

Proper retribution would be to send Gratts after Briere. I can't see Murray doing that though. But you know if this was someone like Anaheim, Burke & Carlyle wouldn't hesitate sending an O'Brien/Moen/Parros after a skilled player.

So who is Murray going to send McGrattan after? Will he try for a little retribution against peters??

Proper retribution would be to send Gratts after Briere. I can't see Murray doing that though. But you know if this was someone like Anaheim' date=' Burke & Carlyle wouldn't hesitate sending an O'Brien/Moen/Parros after a skilled player.[/quote']

That's why Buffalo (if they're smart) will be protecting Briere like he's the friggin' pope!

This is what fucks with the minds of opponents. The unknown in the "retribution game". It's like boxers before a match. I lot of posturing and chest-puffing in order to mess with the minds of the other team. It will then take them off their "game". Any advantage is still an advantage.

I sincerely hope that Murray doesn't put McGratten/Neil up against one of Buff's "skill" players (shit, they had 7 or 8 out of their lineup last night) which fans would love (even though it would be hypocritical after labeling Ruff's moves as "goon tactics"). Just use it as a mind-fuck.

I sincerely hope that Murray doesn't put McGratten/Neil up against one of Buff's "skill" players (shit, they had 7 or 8 out of their lineup last night) which fans would love (even though it would be hypocritical after labeling Ruff's moves as "goon tactics"). Just use it as a mind-fuck.

We have another mind reader folks!

Who on the ice was going to jump in? Speeza, Heatley or Comrie? Philips and Volchenkov were tied up with Mair and Kaleta.

One of Phillips or Volchenkov could have at least TRIED to do something, at the least Heatley could have gone in there and done a little 'tying' up. We are talking about the number one goalie for Christ's sake. Whether or not he held his own is a moot point. The goon was throwing bombs at him.

I just have to make sure I dont have any of you ass-clowns watching my back before I do something stupid. You would all watch me take a beat-down (not that I blame some of you). I can just hear Rahmer if he was on the pines when a bench-clearing brawl broke out.

"I am going to stay here and fill up the water bottles. The team is going to be tired and thirsty after this."

None the less. I tip my hat to Emery. That boy has got balls like a moose.

One of Phillips or Volchenkov could have at least TRIED to do something, at the least Heatley could have gone in there and done a little 'tying' up. We are talking about the number one goalie for Christ's sake. Whether or not he held his own is a moot point. The goon was throwing bombs at him.

I agree.

Obviously it would have been nice if somebody jumped in. But given the circumstances of guys tied up and already put in the penalty box, it's understandable. You'd know that if you watched the game. You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

Suggesting someone should have left the bench? Speaking of bush league...

And Booche, you better hope that I'd have your back if a brawl broke out. Don't forget that I actually play hockey, as opposed to reminiscing about the good ol' days before blowing a knee out like you do, old man. ;)