Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were listening to the Team on the drive home and they were interviewing Rob Ray (who was at ice level remember). He said he couldnt believe no one came to Emery's aid. "It's your goalie for gosh sake!"

But the best part is when he was talking about the f-bombs being dropped between Ruff and Murray.

Interviewer: Did you think they were going to go?

Rob Ray: I felt bad for those 2 old men. (something like that)

Interviewer: What would you have done if Ruff started to head over to the Senators bench?

Rob Ray: I had a split second to make a decision. Do I get in Ruff's way or do I sit back and enjoy the show? I decided I would sit back and enjoy the show.

Hahahaha. Awesome.

Has the hard-hitting Volchenkov ever been in a real fight? He didn't look like he wanted to get away to help Emery.

Assuming Rahmer's point is correct and he was completely tied up to the point he couldnt get away, I think there are more important questions Don.

What about that good ole Canadian kid Heatley? Hell, even Spezza could have grabbed some arms and turtled if necessary. Lord knows I have done that.

As expected (by me anyway), Ruff fined but no suspension.

Sabres' Ruff fined $10,000 by NHL

TSN.ca Staff

2/24/2007 12:26:57 PM

OTTAWA (CP) - The NHL has fined Sabres coach Lindy Ruff US$10,000 for his role in Thursday's brawl between Buffalo and the Ottawa Senators.

Angered by Chris Neil's elbow to Sabres forward Chris Drury, Ruff sent out tough guys Andrew Peters, Patrick Kaleta and Adam Mair to take a faceoff against Ottawa's Dany Heatley, Jason Spezza and Mike Comrie.

Afterward, Ruff admitted to telling his players to: "Go out and run 'em.''

Drury suffered a suspected concussion and 20-stitch gash on his forehead when he crashed to the ice after being blindsided by Neil in the second period.

Neil, who was not penalized for the hit, insisted he caught Drury with a clean shoulder check. Ruff complained to the referees that Neil used his elbow.

The two teams meet again tonight in Ottawa and NHL disciplinarian Colin Campbell will be there.

The best video I have seen of the Neil hit was compliments of TSN last night. Darren Dreger and Gino Redo of TSN showed the play in slow motion with the clock ticking in the top left corner showing the time with hundredths of a second on it. After Chris Drury released the puck, it was only .49 hundredths of a second after Drury had no puck at his feet that Neil hit him. That is less than half a second. So you tell me how any NHL player can stop his action of hitting someone in the blink of an eye because that is what less than half a second amounts to?

Dude, they showed that and THEN Darren Pang (I think that is who it was) started in on how it was dirty. Brutal attempt Pang.

Prediction for tonight?

Dinghy, Del and Trevor complain because their expectations werent met. This is going to be a fairly quiet affair with a some decent hits and McGratton trying to get in a couple of fights.

There is too much at stake to make this a retribution affair.

Fuck it if we 'lose'... we've already won. Thanks Grats.

Oh, and if any more Sabres want to get their feet between the net and an Ottawa shot... be our guest!

EDIT:

NOW THAT'S WHAT I"M TALKING ABOUT!!! Finish the Job Boys!

I think Harry Neale is warming to the Sens... it was great to hear how other teams think the whole incident (whatever way you saw it) was great for hockey cause of all the exposue. Aparantley other games were interupted to show the meelee live.

EDIT2

Now right back to Bantam hockey... fack... overtime... ... ... I hope. I can't even stick around to see the end cause the fricking game has taken so long! Probably for the best... I haven't enjoyed the 3rd as much as the 2nd.

EDIT3

Forgot my phone, which would help me keep on top of the score on the way to the show... so came back in to my apartment. Turned on the TV for a second... saw Spezza with his hands in the air and left right away. Whooo Hooo. We won the battle! That was Huge. Got so drunk last night!

The Sens only have 3 or 4 games left against teams ahead in the standings. It'll still be a grind... but there's no reason we don't have a good chance to win on any given night... Catching Buffalo would of been great... Instead of Chanting "Miller" the Ottawa fans would of been much more effective chanting "Lyyyyyyyyynndy, Lyyyyyyynnndy"... but that's okay.

I made my prediction about the game and wish I could post the PM rubber dinghy sent me at 2:58am. Actually it was 8 pm's from 2:58 until 3:01.

Since they are private messages I will keep them at that until he gives me the a-ok or posts them himself. Suffice to say he must have been pretty smashed so I am guessing they loved the game.