Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently Gerber's mask is two weeks late in being delivered, according to some newspaper or TV story i read or heard yesterday.

Shaky game, worthy of the first game of the year. Didn't really see a whole lot of super impressive stuff aside from Volchenkov, Heatley and Vermette.

We'll kill 'em all tomorrow though. :)

I didnt watch the game aside from breaks during the Habs game but one has to wonder about Reddens headspace. "Am I toast after this recent signing?"

And then he gets in 2 fights?

Kudos dude. I think that shows a fuck-of-alot more about Heatley's contract day. You go Wade.

I'm impressed with Murray getting Heatley signed for less than $8M per season. With the contracts the Rangers and Flyers were signing this summer, I expected this deal to eclipse both the $7.5M mark and the 6 year term.

Guest Low Roller

It is Millen.

What are they doing wrong? They are correctly calling that Gerber is giving rebounds like hot potatoes, and sadly the Leafs completely outplayed the Sens in that period.

On a side note, I hate the new jerseys of both these teams. The missing stripe on the Leafs jersey is almost distracting in its absence, and the Sens new jersey is just plain ugly.

well by now i forget what it was specifically that pissed me off, but it had to do with getting some repeated calls completely wrong, and being pretty much cheerleaders for the leafs. no big complaints in the 3rd, except for Hal Gill being completely cheap.

High energy but sloppy play and chintzy penalties all around. I guess that's par for the course for the second game of the season. Both goalies looked good at times and terrible at others. I'm actually more interested to see how the rebuilt Flyers look tonight.

Guest Low Roller

I watched all but the last five minutes of the game last night before I fell asleep.

I know that's it's only the second game of the season, but Toronto was taking it to Ottawa. Ottawa was sloppy and disorganized at times, and Gerber was giving away monster rebounds. The end of the second period saw the Sens unable to defend against sustained Leafs pressure.

The Leafs defence was not as horrible as everyone says, but that's possibly thanks to the Sens play as described above.

Blake/Sundin/whatshisname was a strong line, and it looks like the Leafs finally have a decent top line. Too bad that Blake took so many penalties.

I missed the winning goal... damn time difference.

a) If the Laughs could have sustained enough pressure the entire game, they would have won.

B) If Gerber's rebounds are as bad as everyone says (including me) the Laughs would have won.

c) If the Laughs could have killed a penalty, they would have won.

Pressure and chances are only good enough if they wind up being goals. Therefore the Sens are definitely a superior team, relying on their big money men to score winning goals, see Heatley and Alfie, with Spezza assists. Sure the game was sloppy, however, the Laughs still lost, and somehow will figure out how to miss the playoffs for a 3rd straight year by half a point.

I know that....what I am saying is that they pay these boys the big casheroni to help in these situations....

I agree.

I hate the Leafs but completely respect Sundin. That guy has played on that team for what seems like decades. He has NEVER had quality players to play on his line yet he never complains. He has had many fantastic moments over the years. I hate to say it Leaf fans but Blake is not the answer. Sundins reign in Toronto was wasted.

I agree with Dinghy. Your talented and likely highest paid players are the ones you count on to pull out those games where the team did not look good as a whole. Can they do it every night, no of course not but they will do it enough to separate their team from the rest.

Sens were sloppy and bad-pass happy last night but still did enough to win. Will be interesting to see how they play against the Rangers. I'm happy with the two wins but not entirely confident in this team yet.

I was impressed with the fan representation last night. Seemed about a 70/30 split in favour of Sens. And there was nothing was as satisfying as watching the Leaf fans scurrying out of the building like cockroaches with a minute left in the 3rd. ;)

And there was nothing was as satisfying as watching the Leaf fans scurrying out of the building like cockroaches with a minute left in the 3rd. ;)

hey at least they probably stayed longer then most sens fans. :P

That's funny, I didn't see you there last night.

it was a joke..

anyway the ottawa faithful are some of the worst early leavers out there.

ive been there for a 1-0 game, dallas leading with 10 minutes left and people filing out left right and center.

and ive been to enough games to know it wasnt just a one night thing.

Edited by Guest