Jambands.ca

Go Sens Go - Fan Forum

rubberdinghy

I assumed they’d have to choose between Vermette and Eaves at some point (similar age, style of play, contract, and pending RFA status). Eaves is injury prone, so I think they made a good choice.

Many positives to this deal... The Sens D needs a player more like Commodore than Corvo right now. Alfie probably slides back to the Fisher line and Stillman goes with Speeza-Heatley.

In the off-season this deal is all about getting Corvo's salary off the books. It doesn't matter if they sign either player, but they'll now have more room to overhaul the D squad.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoooooooooooo-Hooooooooooooooooo!

What a HUGE trade!

Finally a legit scoring left winger whose name isn't Dany Heatley... and a tough stay a home Defenceman with experience who won't expose Redden so much and allow him to be more creative with the puck in his own end.

I'm so excited I'm going to write out possible lines!!!!

Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson

Stillman-Fisher-Neil

Foligno-Vermette-Kelly

Schubert-McAmmond-McGratten

Phillip-Volchenkov

Commodore-Redden

Richardson-Meszaros

I'd bench Donovan... that guys stinking it up gud right now.

Okay... now check this out:

Heatley-Spezza-Alfredsson

Stillman-Forseberg-Fisher

Kelly-Vermette-Neil

Schubert-McAmmond-McGratten

::drool::

Yippie!!!!!

Ok, now I move to Sudbury... see ya'lls when I get the tubes again!

GO WOLVES!

Good riddance. Don't let the door hit ya...

Wow. Instead of playing it classy on his way out the door, Joe Corvo left dropping bombs left and right.

Dropping them on the team: "I’m excited to be able to help out and not just in a little way — in a big way.â€

Dropping them on the city: "Corvo acknowledged that his family didn’t like living in Ottawa and being away from home, but said it had more to do the small-town attitude that surrounded the team and the nature of the criticism."

Dropping them on the press: "The media here at times can be completely ridiculous, the way they can take some of the stories that are nothing and make something out of them."

Read the rest of his interview with the guys over at the News & Observer in Raleigh here

Can someone try to explain to me what is wrong with Corvo's quotes from above?

1 - he didnt like the way his game was used here

2 - his family didnt like the city

3 - he's completely right about the media

4 - he's not going to a team dwelling in the basement with no signs of improving (shot at the Leafs ;) )

Guest Low Roller

Fun fact: Corvo is going to a team where Sergei Samsonov is getting 20 minute of ice time on average a game.

The poor guy would never survive playing in Toronto or Montreal... I suppose that some players rather stay anonymous in the press.

Anyways, I'm still reeling from the great trade the Sens pulled off. But I wonder if either Stillman or Commodore will re-sign with the Sens, or is this simply a rental deal? (i.e. Mike Comrie)

Edited by Low Roller

Is that official?... if so it would be nice to put it behind me... until then, I gotta assume we'd be close to, if not, the top of the list of places he'd want to go... with the contracts moving we'd have some flexibility to sign him to the 3 years he's looking for.

No...but Christ...it's getting close....

I do not want Ottawa to sign Forsberg for 3 years....unless it's for league minimum.

But I wonder if either Stillman or Commodore will re-sign with the Sens, or is this simply a rental deal? (i.e. Mike Comrie)

Again, I don't understand why this is a question in the salary cap age. Moving Corvo allows the Sens to sign somebody in the off-season, what does it matter if it's Stillman or Commodore?