Jambands.ca

Taper's forum?

DES

I don't know if it's been done, how would you like to see a tech forum here so we can trade technical recording info, techniques, gear, buy and sell gear, swap and trade, amusing stories, mic types and techniques, taper profiles, digital editing programs and issues, etc. etc.

Seeing as this is a cdn tapers thread, I guess I will post my ad here first:

I'm planning on selling my Benchmark Sonic AD2K+ A/D converter. Any takers? Purchased for $1700 USD when the exchange was freakin' >1.4...will take waaaayyy less than that. I just don't use it enough to warrant keeping it, the V3 suits me just fine.

Though I do love the AD2k and still think, IMHO, its one of the best 24bit a/d converters on the market.

You got it brad. The ad2k does only one thing: Analog > Digital conversion at 24bit resolution.

You need to feed it an analog signal from a pre-amp, it will give you a 24bit and 16bit signal simultaneously, from any of the 4 digital outputs on the back. There are 7 different algorithms for dithering down to the 16bit signal. The digital interface is only BNC, coaxial or AES/EBU.

Unfortunately, there is no optical out to feed your JB3.