Jambands.ca

Unibroue

Biggest Fan

'They call me the seeker. I've been searching low and high.' I am a big 'crazy 8(%) fan. There are three rather good 'crazy 8's' brewed in Pennsylvania- Yards (Philadelphia) Thomas Jefferson Tavern Ale, Troegenator (Harrisburg), and Victory (Hometown/Downingtown) w/ more than one.

Unibroue w/ a 10.5%... Can you get this on tap? It is a good time to beer a beer drunk. Thanks Canada. Thanks Quebec.

'They call me the seeker. I've been searching low and high.' I am a big 'crazy 8(%) fan. There are three rather good 'crazy 8's' brewed in Pennsylvania- Yards (Philadelphia) Thomas Jefferson Tavern Ale, Troegenator (Harrisburg), and Victory (Hometown/Downingtown) w/ more than one.

Unibroue w/ a 10.5%... Can you get this on tap? It is a good time to beer a beer drunk. Thanks Canada. Thanks Quebec.

I figured out what your problem is dude. You might want to read up on it.

we get a beer from Quebec called Maudite, its 9%

has a beautiful image on the front of the bottle of some devil's rowing a boat down through flames to hell... always found that to be a fitting symbolism

actually just did a search and found out Maudite is made by Unibroue, so there ya go

maudite-medaillon.gif

Edited by Guest
9%

To paisley:

It has been to long to give an account of the beer itself but the art work is amazing.

A beer with great art work and a taste that I will put my word on (another 'crazy 8') is Double Bag by Long Trail (Vermont?). A hand drawn picture of a couple of heifers in a field. The picture only becomes funnier as you drink.

Any beer over 5% would probably be considered a strong beer... You can buy 40 ouncers of 5% beer... You can also buy regular sized bottles of 8% beer... So which are you referring to in your first post? Big beers or strong beers? La Maudite and Fin Du Monde are big, strong beers that taste horrible... Delerium Tremens comes in a regular sized bottle and is strong, but tastes good...

Unibroue w/ a 10.5%... Can you get this on tap?

With the exception of Blanche de Chambly, most Unibroue beers aren't available on tap. I was at a Unibroue beer dinner :) a couple of years ago, and asked about this. The reason they're not on tap is that, being "live" beers, they don't travel well, and the strong beers won't "turn over" quickly enough to stay fresh.

Was the 10.5% beer you had Terrible, by any chance?

Aloha,

Brad

The one I wanted to try, but never managed to, because it was only done in very limited production, was/is La 11, named both for it being in honour of Unibroue's 11 anniversary, and for it being 11% alcohol.

I've also got a bottle of Samichlaus at home, which is 14% alcohol, and once tried Samuel Adams Triple Bock, which, strictly speaking, isn't a true beer, as it had things like maple syrup added to the wort, but it was 18% alcohol. It had no resemblance to a beer: it was more like a fortified wine, such as a port or madeira.

Aloha,

Brad

In Ottawa, you can often find a selection of Unibroue beers (in both individual 750mL and six-packs of 341mL bottles) at the big LCBO at Rideau & King Edward.

If you like Scotch whisky, Raftman is a good one to try, as it's made with whisky malt.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest
King Edward instead of Sussex.