Jambands.ca

Unibroue

Biggest Fan

For fans of big/strong beer another catergory as it's being called now is extreme beer(high alochol content but still with good taste) Dogfish Brewery from Delaware is leading the way with some heavy duty beers. The 120 Minute IPA weighs in at 21%! YIKES!! I've tried their Shelter Pale Ale,Chicory Stout and the 60 Minute IPA. I'm looking forward to doing a brewery tour at this place!!

http://www.dogfish.com/

Big fan of Blanche. Fondest memory was drinking it out of a paper bag in front of the black sheep inn a few years ago.

Trois-Pistoles is a nice beer, especially when drunk in Trois-Pistoles, QC.

L'Ephemeres is produced in three versions: one made with green apple must, one with cranberry and one with peach. Women (well, mine) love them and they're 5.5%.

My next favorite after Blanche would be L'Irresistible, which is a blond that's 7.7% and dee-licious

The key when drinking these beers is to swirl them a few times, and drink them out of a glass. A mouthful of yeast at the end when drunk straight from the bottle isn't exactly a happy ending.

There isn't really any Unibroue on tap, even here in Montreal, but if you're looking for great Quebec beer on tap, definately try RJ breweries. Not 8%, but some hi-test stuff available. I especially recommend Coup de Grisou, which is a delicious buckwheat beer. Another good brewery, new on the scene here is Schoune. They have some strong stuff. Check it all out at www.beeradvocate.com