Jambands.ca

Can't google like I once could...

Dr. J

guess eventually everything goes :crazy: but didn't see this one coming.

If i use multiple words in the search box, the first page of the results will be fine. Then when i click to the next page the search box will have dropped most of the words and i will get something entirely different. So for example if i google "rolling stones secret show" the first page of results is fine, but on the next page the search box has dropped everything except the word "rolling" and i get a bunch of shit about the town of Rolling Meadows grrrrrr }:( Happens every time no matter what I'm looking for.

Help! Any cure?

I hereby claim, "Nobody Has Nothing Over The Walrus (Except Maybe The Squirrel-Bat)" as a song title. I expect it to be a multi-part suite kind of thing. paisley will be given credit for the title in the liner notes.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

yeah I'm on firefox as well bouche, and i must confess i don't know how to do what you're suggesting brad about the history/cache thing (feel like i'm standing technically naked in front of a crowd of people :blush: ) actually if paisley were to send "the postal girl who drives her own truck" this way, i'd get off here and wouldn't worry about such stuff.....

In the "Edit" menu, there should be an item called "Preferences..." which, when clicked on, will bring up the Preferences window. On the left side, there should be an icon (mine looks like a padlock) labelled "Privacy" which, when clicked on, brings up a set of things you can clear, including History (the set of web pages you've visited recently), Cookies (bits of info web pages send to your machine to be stored), and Cache (local copies of stuff, which are quicker to retrieve than going out to the web every time).

Each of these items has a "Clean" button which, when clicked, makes your machine/browser forget stuff. Actually, on further reflection, I'm not sure it'll help your situation. Try clearing the Cache, though, and see what happens.

Aloha,

Brad