Jambands.ca

Review of the Allman Brothers Band at bonnaroo 2005

TimmyB

I can't post there, the subject header is too long.

It was a great show though... erie to hear Warren sing "They should of never taken the very best." During The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down, down in Tennessee.

That was Greg Allman not Warren Haynes that sang The Band's "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" at bonnaroo.

Though it was an amazing song selection by the Allmans to performed "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" in Tennessee.

Tim

I couldn't post there either.

How was Dreams Tim?

I hope they play it tomorrow. I've only heard it once, and never with Dickey. That's eight shows with only one Dreams.

The Allman Brothers performance of "Dreams" at bonnaroo was quite good. The song lasted around ten minutes which is three minutes longer than the studio version, but I'm sure ten is around an average time length for current live performances of "Dreams."

I have seen the Allman Brothers six times and I know I have seen them do "Dreams" before, but I don't remember how many times? I'm going to have to look that up.

Tim

this is terribly self-indulgent and i'm sure no one will care a fig - but it was sure fun to do!!! my log of ABB shows...

august 17th 1997 - detroit

june 23 1998 - cleveland

**this 2-show run stands out as some of the most amazing shows i have ever attended in my life. 2 completely different shows, long acoustic sets in the middle both nights [w/jack pearson btw] blew my f**king mind. over and over again. phew. if you EVER get the chance to see a show at nautica stage, GO!!!!!

june 24 1998 - cleveland

august 9, 1998 - detroit

august 23 1998 - toronto [damn '98 was a good summer!! and with that acoustic set.. definitely the right year to pack in the ABB shows!]

august 22 1999 - detroit

*** they played dreams at this show, and seven turns. sweet.

july 22 2000 - detroit

-please call home & franklin's tower :)

august 18 2001 - detroit

*** dreams

june 30 2002 - detroit

- played mountain jam

august 17 2002 - buffalo

ah the good times!

That was Greg Allman not Warren Haynes that sang The Band's "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" at bonnaroo.

Though it was an amazing song selection by the Allmans to performed "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" in Tennessee.

Tim

Could of sworn they traded verses, but then again I'm not the one you call when your looking for someone with catalog style memory. ;) Man was it humid down there... I can still remember the way the smoke from the barbeques would just stick to the ground... you could swim in it it was so think.

I couldn't post there either.

How was Dreams Tim?

I hope they play it tomorrow. I've only heard it once, and never with Dickey. That's eight shows with only one Dreams.

I looked it up and it was only my second "Dreams" that I saw performed at bonnaroo.

The first was at the Molson Amphitheatre in 2000 which I assume was the time you saw it as well.

Tim