Jambands.ca

Wilco live album details

dave-O

From Pitchfork

Last May, Wilco treated local fans to four nights of music at Chicago's Vic Theatre. The mini-series sold out almost immediately, tickets bringing in outrageous amounts of moola on eBay only minutes after they hit the box office. Though this isn't anything new to a band who pulled two Grammys earlier this year and is treated like deities in its hometown, surely the speed of the sales was fueled partially by the fact that the performances would be recorded for future release on both DVD and CD. Who doesn’t want to be on TV?

Well, kiddies, your time has come. Redecorate the kitchen with some stainless steel appliances and then fill them with space food, ‘cause the future is here! Or sort of, anyway. While we're still in the dark on the DVD, Wilco has announced the November 1 Nonesuch release of Kicking Television - Live in Chicago, a two-disc audio set capturing highlights from those four May evenings. The tracklisting runs through a significant portion of the band's catalog, in addition to a cover of Charles Wright's "Comment". Alas, no Kiss covers, beautiful and stoned, though.

>>Disc one

01 Misunderstood

02 Company In My Back

03 The Late Greats

04 Hell Is Chrome

05 Handshake Drugs

06 I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

07 Shot in the Arm

08 At Least That's What You Said

09 Wishful Thinking

10 Jesus, Etc.

11 I'm the Man Who Loves You