Jambands.ca

Youppi!!!!

badams

The storied Montreal Canadiens are getting a mascot - and not just any old one.

Youppi!, who was the Montreal Expos' mascot for years before the team moved south, is coming out of retirement to join the National Hockey League team.

The super furry animal is still orange but is expected to wear the Canadiens' white or red jersey when he entertains fans at the Bell Centre.

There was no immediate comment from Canadiens management whether they believe the new signing can help the team win its first Stanley Cup since 1993.

Youppi! was once ejected from a baseball game against the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Canadiens will be hoping the lumbering giant can keep his temper in check.

Contract details have not been released.

Guest Low Roller

For once I agree with Booche. Youppi rocks.

Not many grown men would admit to this, but I once slept with a stuffed animal when I was a child. It provided me with strength and a feeling of pride. Not pride in the sense that I'm good at anything, but the kind of pride one gets from being a unique individual. That stuffed animal was Youppi.

If Youppi did in fact join the Club des Canadiens, I would be extatic. That Senators lion thing would finally be met with an adversary capable of outwitting it during the 1st intermission.

On the other hand, red and orange just don't damn fit.

Edited by Low Roller
covering my bases

• 2 weeks later...