Jambands.ca

Need help for a friend in Toronto

\/\/illy

A close friend of mine has begun attending school three days a week in Toronto but lives more than two hours away and is finding that the drive is simply too much. She's looking for a 'room' to stay in three nights a week. It doesn't need to be glorious but she will need to be studying and sleeping in it. Her budget is $300 a month maximum. Does anyone have any good ideas that could help her out?

Willy, I don't have the info with me now, but I did see rooms for rent on Craigslist that were $26 a day or something. She may be able to work something out to have it the same 3 days every week. I'm still apartment searching like mad, so if I come across the info today, I'll post it.

Good luck to your friend. I know exactly how stressful it is to find something affordable in the Tdot right now.

Hey Willy - unfortunately Large Marge and I have found a roommate already.

Craigslist is an excellent source for info..also depending on what school she is attending most have a link on their website for off-campus housing. I know U of T and Ryerson have a huge list of affordable shared housing in the 300-400 range and I have used both in the past, unfortunatley I no longer know anyone from either school with a student number.

But you never know someone may be willing to share that info to help you out.

Good luck to her I hope she is able find something - that commute every day is yucky!

Hey Willy - Just saw your message, and I may just have a near perfect solution. I was going to PM you, but can't for the life of me figure out how. Perhaps if you're still looking, email me at kh@ca.inter.net (I'm still working nights though, so later tonight might be the first chance I get to respond).