Jambands.ca

It's going to be a long season for the Raptors

badams

I love the Raptors too, and like Booche, I enjoyed seeing them lose last night - yes, I watched the whole disasterous game from work.

Jalen Rose was pissed that the crowd was pro-Tel Aviv. They have the biggest fanbase of any over-seas basketball team. Sorry Jalen, but no one in Toronto is surprised that the fans cheered against the Raptors. When fans in this city can cheer against Team Canada in basketball and soccer, then why would this game be any different?

IT shouldnt really be surprising they lost. Its pre-season for the Raps. They've been playing together for two weeks. They used players trying to make their team. Tel-Aviv won the championship two years in a row. They've been playing together for months now. They have rediculously talented players, and played their best players.

Europeans know how to play basketball - recent failures by the U.S Olympic team should prove that. The fact that the Raps made it close last night might actually say something GOOD about the team.

IT shouldnt really be surprising they lost. Its pre-season for the Raps. They've been playing together for two weeks. They used players trying to make their team. Tel-Aviv won the championship two years in a row. They've been playing together for months now. They have rediculously talented players, and played their best players.

Europeans know how to play basketball - recent failures by the U.S Olympic team should prove that. The fact that the Raps made it close last night might actually say something GOOD about the team.

The Raptors actually played their starters and still lost. They are a bad team no matter how you look at it.

-----------------------------------------------

Maccabi Tel Aviv beat an NBA team for the first time in 27 years

Maccabi, the winner of 45 of 51 Israeli titles and three of the last five Euroleague championships, had lost nine straight exhibition games against NBA teams since beating the then-champion Washington Bullets in 1978.

Toronto's loss was just the second by an NBA team in the 28 games held since the NBA sanctioned international competitions in 1987. The Atlanta Hawks lost to the Soviet national team 132-123 in 1988.

Big Hairy. How come you guys, the media included, are always so sure about who will stink from one year to the next? If anyone follows baseball, the Chisox, by all logic, shouldnt be headed to the WS, but they are. How do you explain that? What if Bosh and Mo Pete have stallar years? Or a couple of rookies come through? What if injuries plague the rest of the league? What if Lindros can still play, and Allison doesnt get hurt? Imagine Philly doesnt make the playoffs? How come Atlanta cant win a bloody WS? How come Kiprusoff stinks this year? What ever happened to J.S. Guigere?

Ive heard it all, predictions from "Experts," to average fan. All I know is that sports arent fair and that things seldom go as planned. So for me, I choose to take the Mike Pin Ball Clemens approach to being a sports fan, and say, the Raps are going to win the whole bloody thing.

• 3 weeks later...
I meant that two of the three rookies are starters. On a real team, they'd more than likely be coming off the bench.

I agree. Unfortunatly the Raptors do not have a real team and they need to start the rookies. I'm OK with it. As I posted before. Let them play and get experience.

Babcock is a horrible GM and one of his biggest weaknesses is acquiring vetran players to help this team. The whole situation is a mess and the Raptors have become the Clippers.

I'm a sucker for punishment....back in 91-92 when my favourite sport was basketball, I fell in love with the lowly Atlanta Hawks. They were exciting then; Dominique is still my favourite player. But its been a lot of suffering and horrible management for the last decade or so. Welcome to the losers club, Raptors!