Jambands.ca

Habs vs Bruins

badams

What the hell is up with Theo's positioning? Its fricking BRUTAL this season!

Badams, we were talking about this at Myrnas place last Saturday. What was it you said again? Something about Tony C coaching the Fronts and how the goaltending coaches are trying to work with netminders......because the hash-marks are different now?

I was half-drunk.

What the hell is up with Theo's positioning? Its fricking BRUTAL this season!

Badams, we were talking about this at Myrnas place last Saturday. What was it you said again? Something about Tony C coaching the Fronts and how the goaltending coaches are trying to work with netminders......because the hash-marks are different now?

I was half-drunk.

Half-drunk?????

HMMMMMM

Cimmer says it has to do with the goal lines being pushed two feet closer to the end of the rink.

This gives the offense, especially on power plays more ice to work with in the opposition zone.

Moving the nets will slightly improve shooting angles for goal scorers.

Most goalies set up their angles according to the face off circles or hash marks. So many are still getting used to the new dimensions and then there is also the smaller equipment.

It's only a matter of time until the goalies get used to it. However I think the goals per game will stay higher than before. There is a lot more space to work in and there seems to be a lot less clutching and grabbing. Lets hope it keeps up.