Jambands.ca

New "Pot and Driving" Campaign

Freeker

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well, on the one hand, there are always more sober drivers out there than stoned, so as a percentage there are more sober people getting in car accidents than stoned people. But I guess its an unreasonable argument to try to make anyway....since you can't compare sober accidents with stoned accidents and draw a conclusion about stoned accidents from that...now can you?

"How many skanks who admit to driving stoned have been in a car accident while stoned?

How many of those same group have been in a car accident when they weren't stoned? "

never been in a car accident While Stoned, but have been in One At Fault accident six years ago.

it was christmas eve morning, and i hadn't smoked all day, nor the day before.

hopefully i never get into another accident that is my fault, stoned or sober.

then I really don't know what point you are trying to make.

It's a thread about driving under the influence of marajuana. You said:

how about it doesn't make you an unsafe driver.

and

that driving under the influence of marijuana impares your ability to drive safely.

find me a single study or any shed of proof.

please, unconfuse me as to your position here. and please try not to be so defensive, I am not attacking you here.

i was under the impression that this article meant someone, like myself, smoking a joint/bong/pipe before driving....

this original article claims the person smoked on the day of the accident, NOT DURING.

so, i assumed people were on here arguing that either smoking before driving (then driving stoned) makes you unsafe, or smoking before driving (then driving stoned) doesn't affect your ability to drive.

aren't we?

maybe you dont see a difference between driving While Smoking, and Smoking before driving, then driving.

I do. Dont You?

"If you take anything, anything, that impairs your ability to drive, and drive while you're impaired, you're stupid."

which brings us to a full circle.

who says driving After Smoking Pot makes you impaired?

once again, there is no proof of this, no study, no testing.

how can one prove this? take a driving instructor out, on one of those pre-exam bookings, smoke a joint before hand, then drive? see if your skills are ok?

how else can one test their ability with an unbiased audience?

Edited by Guest

If you take anything' date=' [i']anything, that impairs your ability to drive, and drive while you're impaired, you're stupid. This applies to alcohol, pot, Oxycontin, allergy medication, whatever.

Aloha,

Brad

Well then what exactly is impaired then?

By this logic the impairment of someones ability to drive is some what subjective.

im·paired (ĭm-pârd')

adj.

Diminished, damaged, or weakened: an impaired sense of smell.

Functioning poorly or incompetently: a driver so tired as to be impaired.

Having a physical or mental disability: an impaired child in need of special assistance.

n. (used with a pl. verb)

People who have a physical or mental disability considered as a group: a swimming class for the physically impaired.

True, it is, which is why police officers are trained to give roadside tests to determine a driver's ability to drive; the tests (from what I've seen on TV) cover things like hand-eye coordination, balance, general thinking (e.g., reciting the alphabet in reverse order), etc., and which is why, regardless of the reason for the impairment, if you're impaired (as determined by a police officer), you can be charged.

The only thing a study might do is determine a specific level of blood THC above which it would be illegal to drive; in fact, even if a study determined that cannibis use didn't affect your driving ability, a person who smoked pot and drove, and was impaired, could still be charged, if a police officer determined he was impaired.

Aloha,

Brad