Jambands.ca

Phil & Friends: Buffalo Setlist & Pics

Prost

WHAT A SHOW!!!....Scofield ripped it up...Set II was amazing! The Other One > Lovelight > Franklin's...INCREDIBLE! Barry Sless Kicks Ass!

December 3, 2005

Shea's Performing Arts Center

Buffalo, NY

Set 1: Direwolf

Big Railroad Blues

Mr. Charlie

Eagles On The Highway> Jam>

The Wicked Messenger>

Jam (God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen tease)>

Candyman

Casey Jones

Set 2: Space>

Shakedown Street> Jam>

Althea

New Speedway Boogie>

Fire On The Mountain>

Spacey Jam>

Cowboy Movie>

The Other One>

Turn On Your Lovelight>

Franklin's Tower

E: Donor Rap/Intros

Bertha

Phil Lesh, Chris Robinson (vocals, guitar)

John Scofield (guitar)

John Molo (drums), Mookie Siegel (keys)

Barry Sless (guitar+pedalsteel)

Edited by Guest

I found it kind of ironic that Phil introduced Scofield as "a guitar god if there ever was one" to massive applause, then he proceded to get utterly lost in Bertha, to the point where he gave up even trying to play the chords!

But then, I like to stare at car wrecks as I drive by, so maybe it's just me. :)

Edited by Guest

Yeah, wicked show, and WICKED VENUE! What a beautiful theatre, and we had the crappiest seats, until you realized security and the ushers could care less where you stood. As such, 2nd set I was in the aisle on the floor halfway back from the stage, doobs being smoked everywhere, and no one, absolutely NO ONE being harassed by securtity. I feel like sending Shea's a thank you letter for leting us just enjoy the show and not get in a huff about people being in their seats and smoking.

good times!

I'm all for dancing in the aisles, but the guys cramming the space next to us were definitely NOT cool. In fact, one of them decided to plant himself right in front of me while I was in my seat! A quick nudge (returned by a very dirty look) got him back out in the aisle. There was a couple two rows in front of me; the husband was blind. When his wife tried to lead the husband up the aisle to the lobby, this same guy refused to step aside and let them pass... too busy dancing, I guess. I told him to move, to which his response was, "They can go around me." This was followed by him and his buddies LOUDLY celebrating the fact that they got in for free, and that people are morons for buying tickets, as well as heated discussions about work, relationships, what have you... everything but the music. A guy on the other side of the aisle told them to shut up, and after finally getting the hint that their actions weren't welcome, decided to move on to some other aisle, I guess.

I have to say, Shea's has now secured the spot as worst venue to see a show. They would NOT allow anyone to go outside for a smoke during the show, you had to wait until intermission. Also, no drinks were allowed in the venue or served during the show.

The lobby was an absolute nightmare during the intermission because of this.

BIG thumbs down.