Jambands.ca

Scathing Dave Matthews Band Review

Deeps

The front page read something to the effect of HoHum Dave Matthews in Toronto.

The front page of the entertainment section had a picture of him with caption stating the the opener "Don't drink the Water" was uninspired.

Judging by the complete lack of action around this board at his Sunday appearance in T.O. some of you already felt this way.

Harsh review.

"slow-mo singing of Matthews on Bob Dylan's All Along the Watchtower -- a staple song of the group's live repertoire. The number perks up, gaining energy and urgency for six or seven minutes until stopping abruptly at the line "no reason to get excited." I couldn't agree more, but, then, Matthews had me at the song's beginning: "There must be some way out of here."

Deeps

As much as the singles from the last 7-8 years suck, they are still a strong band live. Even though I doubt I'd pay to see them anytime soon, times I have seen them in the past (even Bonnaroo this year) they always play well (and usually do okay with the songs you expected would suck because they suck so much all day long on the radio).

Dave Matthews Band plays a great live show. While they aren't as great as they once were (circa Under the Table and Dreaming) they are really tight and are a fun band to watch. However, having said this, at 100 dollars (which is how much a ticket was offered to me at) they are not worth it.

They are a great band though, the Bonnaroo show was great.

Nice to see they are playing with a band like Soulive and getting the band to play some cameos at the show. I can understand why people don't like Dave Matthews Band, but being a fan since pretty early on I am still a fan and always will be.

I was at this show with my wife who is still a big fan.. I used to be, but not so much aynmore..Of the 9 shows I have attended this was one of my least favourites..

Mind you after seeing Pearl Jam twice this summer, they had a hard act to follow.

The band sounds great live, they are tight as shit, but they just seemed so uninspired..Boyd (electric fiddle) and carter on drums are really the only two who seem to be really into what they are doing..

They took almost a minute + between every song which kills the flow and buzz. The deserve the ticket price at 75$ if coldplay/U2/madonna, etc can get over 150$ a ticket...

But I am in no hurry to see this band again in the near future..

the review was bullshit and the asshat should not have been allowed to review the show if he hated the band so much.