Jambands.ca

World Classic of Baseball

Hal Johnson

I wonder if this would be an issue if the Cuban Team was as good as lets say the Iranian National Hockey team is to hockey. I think the rest of the world should veto's the US in this event. Or MLB should take the high road and move all the games out of the US. I dont get it , there the evil Cubans, but the US has a massive Naval base in there teritory, and also a torture chamber. Whoops the US does not do torture, my bad :/:/:/:/:/:/

Cuba is even still on Canada's black list of nations to be scared of.

Edited by Guest

This is my favourite part of the article:

"And in a letter to Treasury Secretary John Snow, Díaz-Balart said letting Cuba play in the tournament would ``allow a state sponsor of terrorism to use U.S. currency to finance its machinery of oppression.''

[color:purple]When you look at it like that, it all makes sense.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sportsnet is carrying a bunch of them.

However, my enthusiasm for this thing has dwindled since a couple of things have come out.

For one, the pitchers can only throw a certain amount of innings per game, I think its 3. This is because of the timing, as most players are still extremely stiff from the off season.

Which leads me to the second thing that bites, which is players that wont play. Lloyd Moseby was on the fan the other day and said the reason is that spring training is essentially for fishing and golfing, and that players dont generaly like to give it their all if they dont have to, which makes sense to me. Also, them being billion heirs has something to do with it too, im sure.

So in essence we've got a tournament of out of shape primadonnas who arent ready to be there.

Hopefully Im wrong and it kicks ass.

I think in the future they'll have it at the end of the season or in the middle somewhere, I dunno....