Jambands.ca

I had an interesting night tonight

Blane

ok, admittedly less impressive than Jaimoe's thread...

I was at Barfly here in town and watching a great jazz band, and met up with Brad Barr (of the Slip). Chatted with him for a bit and it appears he's trying to line up a number of both one-off and regular gigs around montreal for both the band and himself. The most concrete one being a Slip show at Mile End Cultural Centre in March (about 3 blocks from my door). HE's also working on some more regular gigs here with a sax player (who also plays with Broken Social Scene and the Stills) and solo in a tiny cafe down the street from me. I hope to hell these things pan out!

Edited by Guest

yeah, I did give his ass a little pinch ;)

Apparently one of the reasons for the reluctance to play much locally so far is because of the paperwork which hasn't necessarily gone through yet from their move here and causes some potential issues.

Anyhow he said he'd email if things get finalized so I'll be sure to keep you clamoring fans notified. Seriously though if solo acoustic gigs at Esparanza happen (the cafe) that'll be amazing. The place is sooo small. Probably could have a max attendance of 40 people.

Assuming they get their paperwork sorted out, is there any chance they'd consider playing Ottawa? It's only about a two-hour drive, and there'd be no border crossing issues. It'd also be a good (semi-)mid-way stop between Montreal and Toronto.

Aloha,

Brad