Jambands.ca

Keller Williams - Jan 21 Lee's Palace - REVIEW

shainhouse

That review could have been condensed to the following:

My ears and listening skills have evolved which leads me to wonder why idiotic jamband fans continue to spend too much money on a novelty act. How Keller Williams has a career is beyond me and an insult to many artists. Grow the fuck up people.

Interesting review, Shain.

"I have seen Keller perform the exact same set - loops, instrumentation, and tricks - half-a-dozen times before, ever since my first Keller show in 2001. On this night, I grew tired of his antics.."

Exactly why I stopped going to see him. I was done after the second time.

I enjoyed your review Shain and I completely agree. I'll always enjoy Keller when I'm in the mood, but I'd love to hear about him doing something new and exciting.

Your writing has improved... in fact its become bloody good.

I realise telling someone that something has improved is always a double edged sword - the immediate thought being, "Why? Was it bad before?"

And the answer is no. Its just that its quite evident to me that your writing has matured. Its hard to write a good critical review, particularly a mature one... especially when you're bashing something ;)

Its admirable even that you write, complete stuff and put it out there. Thats great.

The funny thing is you weren't putting your story out there to be critiqued but simply to share the story. We all seem to need to say our piece.

All said - it was a good read. Thanks.

Keep writing!