Jambands.ca

Roll Call: Langerado

SmoothedShredder

Alright. I've made up 80% of my mind to go to Langerado. Leaving Wednesday March 8th at Noon, and returning the 14th at sometime. It looks like when it's all said and done it'll cost about $600.00 - $700.00 per person. There's onsite camping, but it may be all gone by now... There seems to be lots of camping near by. Here's the line-up:

Ben Harper & The Innocent Criminals, The Black Crowes, The Flaming Lips, Wilco, The Meters, Robert Randolph & The Family Band, Keller Williams, Burning Spear, G. Love & Special Sauce, Steel Pulse, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Drive-By Truckers, The Secret Machines, The Disco Biscuits, Umphrey's McGee, Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra, MOFRO, Slightly Stoopid, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Brazilian Girls, Kid Koala, Lyrics Born, RJD2, Kinky, Rose Hill Drive, Brothers Past, Pnuma, Lotus,

There's also going to be a Friday "Soundcheck show" with some bands... so it should run like a Bonnaroo lite. Is anyone else planning on making this trip?

Langerado

Condo in Boca.

Have granparents and friends, we didn't camp.

I have done so much festival camping. When I am able to party hard and go home for the night it makes me happy.

I know they has some camping close by but this year the onsite is being brought in.

Should be good but I am going to stick to the condo.

nice work Will, you'll have a great time. And you might get to hear new Flaming Lips stuff before anyone else...

Website says 15,000 people. That's pretty nice for that lineup, wow.

AD

You lucky bastard. Black Crowes better come back up here soon.

Yep... Very in!

You wanna come?... we have the whole thing down pat, right to the leaving time to get there to get a perfect camping spot... a convoy to make sure everything goes smoothly... and all the Tents and shelters to keep our delicate winter virgin skin safe in the Tennesee farm fields.

Yeah - I'm about 90% sure I can make it happen....will you be out this Fri? I'd like to chat at you about it. ie: my concerns with large crowds and intense heat...basically pros and cons but right now pros are way above the cons.

I would love to go to Langerado but I can not do everything so I'm going to have to pass on it at least for this year.

Though I don't believe that the festivals lineup will be even close to as good for my personal tastes next year as it is this year.

I mean WILCO, THE FLAMING LIPS and THE BLACK CROWES alone makes me want to go to this. Though what is stopping me is not just cash flow. I also that I believe all three of those acts will be around the Great Lakes for a gig if not many during 2006.

Even three trips to Michigan to see those three separate trips to Michigan would be much cheaper.

One of my ex's is going and I'm so jealous of her and now I'll be jealous of all of you.

Tim