Jambands.ca

Canadian Medal Winner Appreciation

Hartamophone

Canadian women win silver in short-track relay

overland_amanda060218cp.jpg

Canadians have won the silver medal in the women's short-track relay event.

The Canadian team headed into the competition as strong contenders.

The team is the reigning world champion. It also captured one gold medal, one silver and two bronze during 2005-2006 World Cup competition, and is ranked second in the world.

Canadians won the bronze medal in this event at the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics. Alanna Kraus is the only member of that Canadian relay team who competed Wednesday.

China and South Korea also headed into the Games as strong medal contenders.

I'm impressed with the Estonians... 3 gold medals for a Country with only 1.5 Million in population. Also anyone see the end of the 30km Womens x-country ski? It was a three way race to the line in the last 100 m, and the competators collapsed within 5 feet of crossing the finish line. It took about 30 seconds for 4th place to come in and for 5th place there was a big pack that had to try not to run over the medalists who were still collapsed with exaustion about a minute later. Very dramatic... atleast for me. Talk about leaving it all on the track.

i'm impressed with the japanese figure skater who took the gold last night after the woman's long program. i guess this olympics has been the worst ever for Japan (last night's medal was the first medal of the games for them). it was nice to see her win. she was absolutely beautiful on the ice and so graceful with one of the cleanest programs. the announcer even made a comment during her program, "now that's a lady skating".. kind of a wonky statement, but nonetheless, she was inspiring. way to go japan!

Gold and Bronze for Canada in the Womens 5000M Speed Skating.

Clara Hughes wins gold. She is the only Olympic Athlete to ever win mutiple medals in both the Summer and Winter games.

Cindy Klassen wins bronze. She won 5 medals at these games. No Canadian has ever done that. She has 6 medals for ther career, the most ever by a Canadian.

22 Medals total for Canada

haha i love canadians.

on rex murphy's show today, rex was interviewing one of the men's curling squad members, a guy from newfoundland. the newfie, so proud of his medal, said he hoped it (the medal) had magnets on the back of it so he could put it on his fridge.

:)