Jambands.ca

For the Black Crowes fans out there...

deranger

Some interesting news these days from the BC camp.

THE BLACK CROWES'

CHRIS AND RICH ROBINSON SLATED FOR THEIR FIRST-EVER "BROTHERS OF A FEATHER" ACOUSTIC SHOWS

Chris & Rich Robinson

CHRIS and RICH ROBINSON of THE BLACK CROWES are heading out on the road as a duo for a special run of multiple-night acoustic shows.

Pete Angelus, manager of The Black Crowes, confirmed today that Chris and Rich will be performing a collection of their catalogue, influential covers as well as new material. Billed as "Brothers Of A Feather: An Acoustic Evening With Chris & Rich Robinson of The Black Crowes," all shows will be in a very intimate setting and will be recorded for a possible acoustic release at some point in the future.

Although The Black Crowes have performed a few acoustic numbers in their electric sets in the past, this will be the first time the infamous brothers have ever performed full-length acoustic sets in their 16-year career.

For this first-time ever run, only four markets across the country are confirmed.

For more information on The Black Crowes & "Brothers Of A Feather: An Acoustic Evening with Chris & Rich Robinson of The Black Crowes," go to: www.blackcrowes.com.

Confirmed tour dates and ticket information is as follows:

4.13 | Brooklyn, NY | Warsaw (on sale: Fri 2.24 @ Noon)

4.14 | New York, NY | Rose Theater @ Jazz at Lincoln Center (on sale: Fri 2.24 @ Noon)

4.15 | New York, NY | Town Hall (on sale: Fri 2.24 @ Noon)

**4.17 | Austin, TX | Cactus Café (on sale: Fri 2.17 @ Noon)

**4.18 | Austin, TX | Cactus Café (on sale: Fri 2.17 @ Noon)

4.20 | San Francisco, CA | Swedish American Hall @ Café Du Nord (on sale: Fri 2.24 @ Noon)

4.21 | San Francisco, CA | The Fillmore (on sale: Sun 2.26 @10:00 a.m.)

4.22 | San Francisco, CA | Bimbo's 365 Club (on sale: Fri 2.24 @10:00 a.m.)

4.24 | Los Angeles, CA | The Roxy (on sale: Fri 2.24 @ 11:00 a.m.)

4.25 | Los Angeles, CA | The Roxy (on sale: Fri 2.24 @ 11:00 a.m.)

** denotes two shows per night, 7:00 and 10:00 p.m.

http://www.blackcrowes.com

Also: Ed the keys player missed the bands last show in Orlando FL 01/29/06 and there has been rampant speculation about his departure - no one knows if it was forced, voluntary or what happened and the band hasn't commented on his absence. All the BC fans are waiting for word and the next show is March 14th in South Carolina.

I'm a pretty hardcore Crowes fan, but I have no interest in seeing an acoustic show. Crank the amps to 11 boys. Don't get soft on me.

AD

ps. I really hope they didn't kick Ed out of the band. I liked him a lot, great keyboard player for sure. And he's Canadian, but that makes no difference to me.

I agree AD...........I have heard the acoustic stuff of the past and it just doesn't have any umph. Chris' voice is all about power and he doesn't have the chops to carry sweet melodies way down low.

On both the acoustic stuff and the Ed comment.

The only thing I have to add is that Ed was also a huge Red Wings fan and his red and white jerseys will also be missed.

Update on Ed: seems as though Ed, who is normally described as incredibly nice and quite, lost his temper or something like that, and "blew up" at other band members. He was then apparently told to take a hike, which he did. The latest rumours are the Crowes are now auditioning new keyboard players for upcoming gigs.

Please note all of this is speculation and rumour only as the band has made no official announcement or comment concerning this matter.