Jambands.ca

How low do you have to be to hack Arlo's site?

StoneMtn

I just went to a forum that I've only gone to once in a while in the past. It is on Arlo Guthrie's website www.arlo.net.

When you go there and click the link for the "Forums", instead of Arlo's message boards, you are shown an image of Arabic letters and it says, "Allahu Akbar Hacked by Islamic Warriors".

I mean really, how big of a jerk do you have to be to hack Arlo? He has to be among the nicest people alive. Hackers are such idiots.

Lazlo, is that true? If it is, it's unfortunate.

If it really is true, I want to hear that song.

Could I bug you to burn and send me a copy, or something? Otherwise, maybe you can rip it to .mp3, and someone on here (ahem, Bouche) could host it so that I could just download or stream it from here? (It disturbs me to think there is an evil side to Arlo.)

(BTW: I suspect there is no evil side, whatsoever, to Flower.)

I can't promise anything soon as I didn't do the downloading or even know how. I'll talk to Esau and possibly lend him the disc and he'll set you up.

I'm sure the song was in jest as fun is poked at both the KKK and blacks but brutal none the less.

I laughed in horror at the sheer ignorance of the first verse. I believe the song is titled "The Klu Klux Klan Can", perhaps you could find it based on that or maybe someone else is familiar with it. Right before he starts singing you can faintly hear the host say "Arlo Guthrie everybody". To make matters worse he's accompanied by what sounds like a small choir of children.

If somebody else out there could shed some light on this it would be appreciated. I hope it's not really him too.

Arlo's back online. I don't think that the following is Arlo talking, though. I think it's the site administrator...

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Site Hack

I am still alive - and thank you to all who phoned in with the problem of when we got hacked. This was a much more difficult problem to fix than when thing happened in the past.

And lately, since Thanksgiving pretty much I have had a lot of personal stuff on my plate that I'd rather not publicly announce. It has just been a very busy, and trying time the past few months. The good news is that life is now finally starting to return to some sort of normalicy...

Thanks for your patience, and know that I have missed you all - but given the circumstances of what was going on in my life, doing much of anything than dealing with things just wasn't possible. I do hope to be around a lot more now... in fact, I may possibly have a whole lot more time!!!

He also just announced a show in Kingston, Ontario, May 11, 2006. (That's Toronto 9th; Ottawa 10th; Kingston 11th.)