Jambands.ca

Big Day in Italy...

badams

Ya its been a bad morning so far. The snowboarding was dissapointing. The Canadian guy didnt get wiped out though, he fell im pretty sure and knocked over his competitor.

Drew Neilson of Vernon, B.C., the fastest qualifier in the tame morning runs got tripped up by Polish competitor Rafal Skarbek-Malczewski, who slipped and slammed into the netting. Neilson bounded down the course, hurting his back and pelvis on the way.

The biggest wipeout of the day came in a semifinal near the top of the hill when Jordi Font of Spain appeared to lose his balance, then reached out and grabbed racer Jasey-Jay Anderson of Mont Tremblant, Que., from behind.

They slammed into the gate and while Zidek raced safely 10 seconds ahead of them, they gathered themselves up and continued down the hill. Anderson beat Font easily for second but he was unable to keep his board inside the gate and was disqualified.

I made it to 3:30 at work until a douche here, after me walking around with my ears plugged, knowing full well that i didn't want to know the score or who won or anything about the game and after repeated warnings not to say anything.. anyways, he motions for me to remove my hands from my ears, and says 'CANADA WON' and laughed like a little bitch. Nice work. I'm his boss. And I wasn't happy at all.

But I didn't know the score until I watched the game at midnight. It's hard to stay away from the sports scores / news / idle chatter... But I did it except for the actions of the work-guy.

AD

I made it to 3:30 at work until a douche here, after me walking around with my ears plugged, knowing full well that i didn't want to know the score or who won or anything about the game and after repeated warnings not to say anything.. anyways, he motions for me to remove my hands from my ears, and says 'CANADA WON' and laughed like a little bitch. Nice work. I'm his boss. And I wasn't happy at all.

But I didn't know the score until I watched the game at midnight. It's hard to stay away from the sports scores / news / idle chatter... But I did it except for the actions of the work-guy.

AD

What a jerk!!!

I wouldn't bother me too much for the first round but if it was a playoff game I'd throw the guy through a wall ;)

After leading after the first run, Bourque from Canada placed 4th in the Mens Giant Slalom. I really shouldn't let myself get so excited when it looks like we are going to win a surprise medal. I'm almost always disappointed. Good result for him but 4th must suck in so many ways at the Olympics.

I'm just going to have to rely on Canada's Mens Hockey Team to cheer for a sure thing...

Oh wait ;)