Jambands.ca

Ekoostik Hookah News

Blurry

A Surprising Return to Hookahville;

Nearly ten years after he left the group, ekoostik hookah co-founder John Mullins has returned. The group has announced that the guitarist will return to the stage in the U.S. with hookah on April 28-30 at Nelson Ledges' Blossom Blast (a month earlier he will appear with the group at the Jamm in Jamaica festival in what originally had been called Under Full Sail but now is officially ekoostik hookah). In addition, the band has confirmed that Hookahville will take place on Memorial Day Weekend at Legend Valley (the former Buckeye Lake Music Center).

As part of the announcement on the group’s web site, Mullin explains, “Pigs fly, there’s ice-skating in hell, and monkeys might fly outta my posterior any minute. I’d never have thought it possible that I would once again be a member of ekoostik Hookah but here we are. Full circle. For me the timing couldn’t be better. I couldn’t have considered such a big commitment just one year ago. The rock gods have smiled upon me and I am gonna make the most of it.... Some questions about the ghosts of the past must be answered. The stories are out there. Some true, some ridiculous, some both. There have been times when I wasn’t fit to be on the stage. Remembering those times is just as important as not repeating them. Professionalism and devotion to the music are the standard. The fans deserve it and quite frankly, the band demands it. Not only of me but also of themselves. It is in this spirit that I am happy to return.â€

Interesting news, albeit predicted.

Going to miss all those great Ed tunes:

Alexander

Alexander II

To Good Friends Past

Thief

Risk

Spiders

Godspeed

Thru Hiker

The Giant

Masquerade

Lax

Dragonfly

Only Falling

Bone

Daffodils in Detroit

Springtime Again

Fantastic

Yumalaiella

Tree House

Surround

As long as Steve Sweney is in the band they'll just keep on blowing minds!

stevehat.jpg

I have yet to make it to the ledges. not a big fan of Mullin's voice though, sceptical.

I'd go for GratefulFest if anyone was down... (and nothing better came up).

It looks like a cool spot, and with July 1 on a Saturday, I think you'd only need to take the Friday off work... wait, looks like the last night is the Monday night... but still... I'd be all over seeing Hot Tuna.. and it looks like a good friendly place...

June30th-July4th

GRATEFULFEST #7

4 nights with Darkstar Orchestra!!!

Rusted Root! Hot Tuna! Boombox! Zen Tricksters!

Airto Moreira&Flora Purim!'s full band from Cali!

New Riders Of The Purple Sage( David Nelson AND Buddy Cage)

Fireworks, Skydivers, Burning Man

Many MANY special guests to be added soon!

This is just the beginning....