Jambands.ca

Muppet Show Guests

Dr_Evil_Mouse

holy moly! this is the news i have been waiting for. I am a HUGE muppet fan. If I could have all the episodes I would be very happy! I'd love to have them all for when I have my own little munchkins...but really, i love watching them myself. Christian television used to play the old episodes for awhile but not anymore.

I am definitely picking up Season 1...hope they keep them coming. I have a bunch of clips on the comp but it would be nice to have the dvds

I was watching it last night and just as I was wondering, "why are all the muppet musicians left handed?" the answer popped up on the screen in front of me.

The muppeteers are right handed, and thus use their right hands inside the body, leaving their left for the instrument manipulation.

Sweet.... A thread about the Muppets!!!! It doesn't really get better than the Muppets. I used to watch them when I was young with my sister every day. Within the last few years I really started getting back into it.

There's so many DVD's available aside from the somewhat recently released Season 1. There's also a whole series put out by Time Life. I think it's 15 seperate best of Muppets DVD's with 3 episodes on each. I've got I think 4 or 5 of them. Some highlights are Paul Simon, Harry Belefonte, Star Wars etc.... The collection is out of print, but they still may have some left at time life and E-Bay allways has lots. As well, I bought this DVD off the internet called "Muppets Magic". It's all Muppet sketches from the Ed Sullivan show before the Muppets had it's own show.

One thing I can't find anywhere (except for the episodes I have from my sister on VHS taped of TV) is "Muppets Tonight". It's a newer version of the Muppets, but with the newer characters like the ones that are on "Muppets from Space". Similar format as "The Muppet Show", but Kermit's not the host and there's more modern guests. It's just as good.

As well, if you're interested in muppet toys, vintage or new, there's tonnes available on E-bay.

Long live the Muppets!!!!

I actually have never heard of them being on SNL, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were a guest at one point or another. I'd love to see the episode. A regular segment though??? I've seen a lot of SNL and it doesn't ring a bell.

If you're asking about the "Muppets Magic" DVD, it's all from Ed Sullivan starting from, I think '65. From what I understand, the first sketch they did on Ed Sullivan, which had to do with a band that you can fit into your pocket, had such a great response that they kept getting invited back as regulars (enough times to fill a whole DVD of 5 min. sketches), untill they finally started their own show, "The Muppet Show".

The Ed Sullivan stuff is pretty psycedelic.

Upon further investigation, it looks like The Muppets were "special guests" and/or "musical guests" for the first 11 episodes of the first season of SNL (possibly others as well). That's pretty friggen cool. I'd love to see those.