Jambands.ca

Even Rats

guigsy

It obviously strikes, production wise as heavily stratified such as in the recording technique of Dave Newfeld of BSS. I mean not obviously and I think the comparison is a bit trite still it strikes me as something of an homage or embrace of that camp. Just too good. I do find something about it, I guess Brad's vocal, a touch mawkish though.

i've loved the tune since i first heard it, but it's taken me a few listens to really come around to this version... yeah, this is the one from guitar hero, and that'll be on the new album... but, i finally had a chance to get my laptop hooked up through my stereo, so i was able to hear it through proper speakers for the first time... those subtle horns and the depth of the harmonies, towards the end of the song, i never picked up on before, but they totally make it for me.

I had absolutely no negative impressions related to anything within this release on my first listen, nor my second or third.

Stay tuned to listen number 4 !

The only thing that scares me with The Slip is the thought that when I go see them, I would hear the exact version live as the studio release. However, I doubt that will ever happen. We'll find out in Montreal eh?

see you there buddy-boy!