Jambands.ca

al and the transamericans ?

elemeno

anyone seen or heard of them(other than al from moe is in the band)? i read the band bio but have no sound on the computer right now to check them out myself, how do they sound?

they play tonight just outside little falls ny a short drive to see the dead willie and moe on sunday.. its at some castle and there is free camping..the show is 12$ and a band called raisinhead as well?

should i make a go of it or save the brain cells for sunday?

Okay, you guys digress...back to the original question...Al? [Wink]

I saw these guys at Nietzsche's in Buffalo back in July or August 2000. Seems to me, I kinda had a good little buzz goin' that night, but seem to recall that they played some good old rock'n'roll...threw in a "Dead Flowers" near the end of the show. It was pretty fun, and very well done. They had Reid Genauer from Strangefolk sit in with them for awhile, since he opened the show with a sweet acoustic set.

Off Al's site, I'm reminded that the band consists of Al (of course on vocals, guitar and mandolin), Gordon Stone (from Gordon Stone Trio, on pedal steel and banjo), Vinnie Amico (from moe. on drums), Erik Glockler (from Strangefolk, on bass and vocals), and Kirk Juhas (from freebeerandchicken, on keys and vocals). The next page of the site says that (sure wish I could just "copy & paste" - don't know why it won't let me) - "The Transamericans project focuses on Al's love of great roots rock songs, while departing from the more improvisational moe. or Al's electronic side project al.one. The emphasis here is on good old 3 chord songs with a story."

Sounds like what I remember, I think.

What I remember most was that it was a really fun night.

Excuse me for goin off topic [Roll Eyes]

Anyway....

J you don't answer yer phone?

Wanted to know what the plan was for ABB.

Have a good one sunday bro,I'll get a hold of ya this week comin'.Time to go to Geordie's to drink.

Ths show will take place at Beardslee Castle, a great venue complete with real GHOSTS. I know some of the guys that run this place and they tell me there is nothing like a Beardslee Castle show. As for Al & the Transmericans, I'm a big fan,Vinnie and Al are two of my favorite components of moe and once you throw in a little Gordon Stone and Erik Glockler , how can you lose? Rasinhead seems to be made up of old members of Ominous Seapods, never seen them live, but occording to all the "old folks" around here, they are an amzing band, turely legendary.

This show is going to have one hell of a crowd (mostly Terrrapin boardies) and should not be missed if it's on your way to Vernon. For more info check out -

http://www.beardsleecastle.com/schedule.htm

Archived