Jambands.ca

KAE SUN w/What The Thunder Said and Vanderpark - TONITE in Hamilton

shainhouse

None taken.. everyone has their own musical tastes...

Have you ever seen us live though? The stuff on the website is quite different from what we do live... Whoever has seen us can probably attest to that.. The album is a mix of samples and we do not use samples live, just instruments.. Plus the album was recorded with three less members in the band than we have now. Not to say we're not proud of the record, but I think we've improved considerably since. Regardless, we're pretty much extinct after tonite, so I won't bother you again ;)

None taken.. everyone has their own musical tastes...

Have you ever seen us live though? The stuff on the website is quite different from what we do live... Whoever has seen us can probably attest to that.. The album is a mix of samples and we do not use samples live, just instruments.. Plus the album was recorded with three less members in the band than we have now. Not to say we're not proud of the record, but I think we've improved considerably since. Regardless, we're pretty much extinct after tonite, so I won't bother you again ;)

I didn't know you were recorded on that album. How did I miss this?

The cover is $6 for the three bands.

Bouche,

I am not on the album. I was in Leeds. All the percussion on the record is actually Kae Sun himself... I'm a better percussionist, so the songs translate better live.

Willy,

Well, we categorize ourselves as 'alternative hip-hop' whatever the hell that means, but I wouldn't exactly state we're hip-hop. At times, we're far from it. We have a reggae tune, a jazz tune, a few acoustic numbers, a straight ahead Chicago Urban blues song and some rock numbers. The only thing that makes us 'hip-hop' is we have an MC, who raps and sings, depending on the song. We're really influenced by early soul, Motown, alternative rock of the early mid-90s and country right now. For example, we listened to Ghostface Killah, Marvin Gaye, Bonnie Raitt and Fastball in the car last night... I'm rambling on... Hope I've convinced you. One last thing, we're very chilled out musically. We're not loud, aggressive or anything like that and we have more down-tempo, introspective numbers than louder, in-your-face numbers... Expect both, but more on the chill side.

Edited by Guest

Fear not the Hip Hop.

See you tonight.

Thanks for having us play at all Shain...we were a last minute add and as far as I see this show it's the Shain House send off, with some music. Glad to be a part of a send off for a good music person and thanks again for getting the band a little press down in the Hammer.

[color:purple]Kish will sit in with WTTS tonight

Africa? nah B Japan.

Not to mention to collect some beers off Lazlo for his little "spill incident" at the keg party the other weekend. ;)

I'm still trying to forget that.

Word to the wise, don't try to take a sip of your beer with Greg's cock in your mouth.

Not hard to speak up about your band there Shain.

I really enjoyed your set.

Kae is quite talented and you guys did a great job backing him.

It was nice to be able to help out with this show.

I guess some recording will surface in the nearish future from Esau.

I really enjoyed Vanderpark's new direction. They have scaled down their lineup quite a bit and thus the overall sound of the band seemed a lot less cluttered than before.

Also they seemed to be dipping into some progressive rock stylings with some of the odd time signatures and arrangements they put forth.

Thanks to all skanks that came out to the show.

Deeps

Alexis my friend

We want to rock it out extra hard for you tonight. The Vanderpark set is dedicated to you. We hope you can come and check us out

peace

Wow...a whole set dedicated to me!! and i missed it...booooo.

sadly for ALL the bands, i couldn't make it as i was uber sick last week but look forward to makin it to see y'all rock it out again...except kaesun...it was good while it lasted. shain, let's do lunch or something this week. i'm off wednesday and friday.