Jambands.ca

ARLO GUTHRIE Tickets - Toronto May 9 Massey Hall ALL SOLD!

StoneMtn

I was supposed to come in to Toronto to see Arlo Guthrie play with the "Massacree Orchestra" for the 40th anniversary of Alice's Restaurant. The show is on May 9 at Massey Hall. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it.

I own two good tickets and so does my brother. (He only wanted to go, because I was coming to town, as he's more of a Rob Zombie fan than an Arlo fan.)

So, the point is, there are four good tickets for Arlo available for May 9 at Massey Hall. The tickets are already in Toronto. Is there any chance one of you would like to own some or all of them?

If anyone knows someone who may be interested, I'd love to hear from you. I really appreciate any help that any of you can offer, as I'd rather not eat the cost of these four tickets.

Edited by Guest
Tickets all gone!

why is EVERY damn show (i'd like to see) coming to Toronto this spring on a Tuesday or Thursday night!? :(

(ie):

Tue 05/02/06 Willie Nelson ACC

Tue 05/09/06 Arlo Guthrie Massey Hall

Tue 05/09/06 My Morning Jacket ACC

Tue 05/09/06 Pearl Jam ACC

Thu 05/11/06 Jerry Douglas Mod Club

Tue 05/16/06 Tool Hummingbird Centre

Tue 05/16/06 The Black Crowes Massey Hall

Thu 05/25/06 Joel Plaskett The Phoenix

and i'm sure others i'm missing...

C'mon, Cowboy, you live right downtown! You can make it out on a Tuesday.

Hell, I've gone to shows until 2 am, and then cross-examined people all day the following day, on 4 hours sleep.

Besides, it's Massey Hall. The show'll be over early enough for you to be in bed by 11:30.

it's not a question of lack of sleep

i teach on Tuesday and Thursday nights until 10pm..then clean up the school shop..then home to clean me. the show would be over by the time i got there.

side note: i live near the science center now (not exactly d/t) ;)

All-in they each came to $76.50. I know, it's not cheap, but I went for the good seats.

I've seen Arlo 7 or 8 times, and I can tell you he is worth every penny; and in this case I think it's just extra-expensive, because he's bringing a whole bunch of people with him, including a number of his kids.

Sooooo... Ricky and I worked that one out.

There are now two tickets to go. Several of you have expressed interest, but haven't confirmed yet (KookyKanooky, for instance) so it's gonna be first come, first served...

Whoever confirms next, gets the remaining two tickets.

Just a gentle "bump" to let you all know that I still have two of those four tickets left.

KookyCanooky, if your friend wants them, please let him know that I won't be accessing that email address at which he was emailing me yesterday until Tuesday; so if he wants to officially claim these, he should get you to PM me.

Otherwise, first come first served...

Alright, well due to the kindness of Neugroove and Esau, my problem is solved.

All four tickets have now been claimed, and four lucky people are in for a magical evening on May 9. I expect all four of you to think about StoneMtn while you listen to "Highway in the Wind".

Enjoy.